Where is the Sabayon tarball to install manually? [Solved]

Installer Issues via Installer -- Not for global upgrades or upgrading individual packages -- ONLY ISSUES WITH INSTALLATION OF THE OS -- Can't get Sabayon installed, than post here, otherwise use correct forums

Moderator: Moderators

linuxfluesterer
Old Dear Hen

Where is the Sabayon tarball to install manually? [Solved]

Post by linuxfluesterer » Wed Nov 07, 2018 13:04

Hallo guys.
A friend of mine needs to install a fresh Sabayon on his new pc box. But he is not really happy with the Calamares? installer especially when it comes to section 'Partitioning'
I have found a (German) thread about the same issue, that the involved user has the same trouble with this installer. But then he said, that Sabayon could be downloaded as a tarball, which is possible to be installed (unpacked?) into a mounted, empty partition.
I would recommend my friend to do the same.

So, here my question: Where, pls., can I find and download such a mentioned Sabayon tarball? On the download site of Sabayon I haven't found such an entry.

Thank you very much in advance.

-Linuxfluesterer (I love KDE...)
Last edited by linuxfluesterer on Thu Nov 15, 2018 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
Take away Facebook from me and let there be real people again...

sabayonino
Sagely Hen

Re: Where is the Sabayon tarball to install manually?

Post by sabayonino » Wed Nov 07, 2018 13:12

Here you can find a tarball
http://na.mirror.garr.it/mirrors/sabayo ... daily.html
(check for other mirror if needed)

Tarball is like a stage3 for gentoo.
Bootloader,desktop environment ,new user and other stuffs must be install/configured manually chrooting inside the extracted tarball !
[Che Cos'è Il Calcolo Distribuito (BOINC)

BOINC ready ! Sabayon+BOINC = BILD ,my Sabayon spin :cyclops: - Ready to crunch for the Science everywhere :)

linuxfluesterer
Old Dear Hen

Re: Where is the Sabayon tarball to install manually?

Post by linuxfluesterer » Wed Nov 07, 2018 14:35

sabayonino wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 13:12
Here you can find a tarball
http://na.mirror.garr.it/mirrors/sabayo ... daily.html
(check for other mirror if needed)

Tarball is like a stage3 for gentoo.
Bootloader,desktop environment ,new user and other stuffs must be install/configured manually chrooting inside the extracted tarball !
Thank you, Sabayonino. So, what would you recommend to install Plasma desktop in addition too?
I'm assuming plasma-meta and some more packages, I'm not sure, I will necessarily need also, if not already included in plasma-meta.

-Linuxfluesterer (I love KDE...)
Take away Facebook from me and let there be real people again...