List of selected packages

Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

andreios
Simple Hen

List of selected packages

Post by andreios » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:15

Where is the list of selected packages stored?

sabayonino
Sagely Hen

Re: List of selected packages

Post by sabayonino » Fri Dec 29, 2017 18:50

from CLI :

Code: Select all

# equo q installed -qv
See help command

# equo --help
From RIGO (the entropy GUI) click to the hamburger menu on the top of the left of the window and then select "Installed Applications" (or something like)

PS : sorry

As "Stored" you mean where packages are saved ?
They're saved on /var/lib/entropy/client/packages/*
[Che Cos'è Il Calcolo Distribuito (BOINC)

BOINC ready ! Sabayon+BOINC = BILD ,my Sabayon spin :cyclops: - Ready to crunch for the Science everywhere :)

andreios
Simple Hen

Post by andreios » Fri Dec 29, 2017 22:54

Thx. What I actually thought was that it would work like in Gentoo. There you have just a file called /var/lib/portage/world where every package you ever select to install is saved. You can remove any thing you don't need anymore and then just do emerge --depclean to remove it and any dependencies.

But when I use equo q installed * -qv to see what is installed, it lists not every package which is manually installed, it lists some but also it lists some I have never selected.
For example I had definitely installed cinnamon to have cinnamon desktop, but there is not one package called cinnamon in this list.

sabayonino
Sagely Hen

Post by sabayonino » Sat Dec 30, 2017 0:14

Actually there is no function to do what you have asked

/var/log/entropy/entropy.log can help you but you can filter packages by hand

for more infomrations please see

$ equo --help
and/or

$ equo <command> --help
PS : all packages you've installed (or already installed) over entropy are considered into "@world" file but "portage" could display them differently
No "--oneshot" option is included in entropy.

BOINC ready ! Sabayon+BOINC = BILD ,my Sabayon spin :cyclops: - Ready to crunch for the Science everywhere :)

andreios
Simple Hen

Post by andreios » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:42

That's strange. So gentoo is easier to mange. But Sabayon should be easier because Gentoo is for experts and Sabayon for users.

sabayonino
Sagely Hen

Post by sabayonino » Sat Dec 30, 2017 13:23

Sabayon is Gentoo and...not :mrgreen:

Sabayon has its own package manager (precompiled packages) and its stuffs that differ from gentoo for a few things.
Sabayon is Gentoo-Compatible and ..viceversa if you know what you're doing and know how Sabayon works.

gentmixer
Simple Hen

Post by gentmixer » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:27

Hi...
You should use tools from Gentoo... Portage lists all packages from Sabayon (native for Sabayon only as masked and obsolete but also like a genuine Gentoo's packages). Install eventually Porthole, GUI for "emerge", very good manager. Kuroo is not developed from few years and requires complicated compiling and some dependencies from KDE4 (kdelibs and qt4 and more).

(Sorry, maybe written too late...)
Sabayon and Gentoo together are much better than used separately, seems to me...so learn...

gentmixer
Simple Hen

Post by gentmixer » Fri Apr 06, 2018 16:10

Update:
There is actually a new Kuroo's version (0.90.5_p20180106) in Portage... It compiles and works in KDE5 without issues...