Downloading with torrent = Failed?

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

FatRakoon
Young Hen

Downloading with torrent = Failed?

Post by FatRakoon » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:36

I have always used torrents to download my Linux ISOs whetever distro I try.
I have tried and completely failed to download the latest Sabayon ISO now for a few days using torrents.
I have not even had one single byte?
I have tried to add all kinds of places, but not one single byte has come.
In the end, I simlpy gave up and I have just downloaded the bloody ISOs as they are. I really only want the KDE one, but I have grabbed the Gnome one to give that a try as well.
Now, what I have done, is simply copied the full ISOs to my downloads folder, and then re-added the torrent files to the list, and after it checked the files, and was happy, I have left it to seed anyway, even though I did not get any of it through the torrents, and now, after about a day, not quite 24 hours, I had a look, and it has not uploaded one single byte?

Is there some issues with the torrents this time? I dont know?
You know you have too much PCs when you end up Building your 3 kids a PC each, and use up bits that just happen to be "Lying about doing nothing", and the slowest one you know up, is still an I7 with 16GB and SSDs to boot from!

Spoilt gits

wolfden
Sharecropper

Re: Downloading with torrent = Failed?

Post by wolfden » Tue Jan 05, 2016 22:03

Does it show any seeders?

sabayonino
Sagely Hen

Post by sabayonino » Tue Jan 05, 2016 23:08

I downloaded all isos without any problems .

Now I'm seeding them.

FatRakoon
Young Hen

Post by FatRakoon » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:23

Wow, the speed at which I reply.. I must be trolling the pages waiting! LOL

Anyway, I gave up trying to downlaod them and I think the issue was simply the settings, but it did get to me, as I have been torrenting for years, but that install simply didnt want to do it.

I gave up and reinstalled and it worked, so I think the install was simply weirded out!
You know you have too much PCs when you end up Building your 3 kids a PC each, and use up bits that just happen to be "Lying about doing nothing", and the slowest one you know up, is still an I7 with 16GB and SSDs to boot from!

Spoilt gits