equo - Command line options needed [Solved]

Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

equo - Command line options needed [Solved]

Postby tekwyzrd » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:01

I have the sabayon-limbo repository enabled and did equo world. I suspect a problem with a package from sabayon-limbo killed xorg. On boot the nvidia-driver doesn't load and xorg doesn't start. i've installed the lower version kernel and drivers. No help. I reinstalled xorg. Still nothing. Only the versions in sabayon-limbo are shown as available. Is there a way to disable or remove a repository via console? If not, there should be. Doing things via gui is nice but at times like this it's impossible.
Former Sabayon user (2005 - 2013) and current Arch user.
I liked Sabayon until it switched to Rigo and becoming the gentoo equivalent of Ubuntu. Extreme browsing? Extreme gaming? Extreme work? Extreme development? Like, totally gnarly, dude!
tekwyzrd
Technological Hen

Re: equo - Command line options needed

Postby Thev00d00 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:19

Use nano to edit /etc/entropy/repositories.conf and comment out the limbo line
Please report Bugs on the Bugzilla, not forum
Please Adopt an Unanswered thread
Website / Blog : v00d00.net
twitter: Follow Me
G+: Circle Me
Thev00d00
Generally Awesome (tm)

Postby tekwyzrd » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:00

Thev00d00 wrote:Use nano to edit /etc/entropy/repositories.conf and comment out the limbo line

Thanks. I know it was one of the updates I installed today. I think there were 19 total that were available (plus the five related to equo, spritz, entropy, etc). I did the equo world in console mode, rebooted, and got a blinking cursor. I've disabled the limbo repository and am reinstalling the packages I suspect might be the problem using the official repository.
I liked Sabayon until it switched to Rigo and becoming the gentoo equivalent of Ubuntu. Extreme browsing? Extreme gaming? Extreme work? Extreme development? Like, totally gnarly, dude!
tekwyzrd
Technological Hen

Postby tekwyzrd » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:34

This is beginning to look hopeless. Other than the equo related there were 19 packages updated. I can't find the one that caused the problem. It's beginning to look like I'll be forced to reinstall 4.1, go through hours of updates and weeks of finding and adding packages not included on the 4.1-k disk. :?
tekwyzrd
Technological Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Fri Jun 12, 2009 13:10

You're not experiencing this problem by any chance, are you?
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby tekwyzrd » Fri Jun 12, 2009 15:37

No, the nvidia driver is definitely installed. I just ran equo update and equo world and it pulled the entropy/equo/spritz updates and an updated nvidia-drivers. I still get the blinking cursor.
tekwyzrd
Technological Hen

Postby KelloggsFrosties » Fri Jun 12, 2009 16:43

What happens if you do rmmod nvidia && modprobe nvidia?

Had similar problem today, module was not found. Running depmod helped to fix it.
KelloggsFrosties
Young Hen

Postby WarraWarra » Fri Jun 12, 2009 17:41

Teck run the libtest and deptest of equo so it can fix what is unhappy and if needed also run revdep-rebuild -iv

I had to reinstall nvidia and nvidia-settings using equo after updating the kernel.

If this fails download the latest nvidia driver from their website and in terminal root login no DE cd to download foldera dn run
sh ./NV*0.run
Let it config it for you as well and see how this works.

You can actually first try to edit xorg.conf as possibly it wants to use the synaptics mouse driver or similar and this just does not work well with your mouse. above driver will replace xorg.conf with optimized one for your pc.
WarraWarra
Sagely Hen

Postby tekwyzrd » Fri Jun 12, 2009 21:23

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going through them now. I'll post the results when it's all completed.
tekwyzrd
Technological Hen

Postby tekwyzrd » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:12

@KelloggsFrosties
@WarraWarra

I ran equo update and equo world again. Re-installed nvidia-drivers and nvidia-settings.

libtest
deptest

found a few problems

revdep-rebuild found problems with gcc and a few media related packages. Re-compiled offending packages.

rmmod nvidia && modprobe nvidia

module not found

Re-installed nvidia-drivers and nvidia-settings again

ran depmod -a

it's up and running again with kde 4.2.4 working ok so far.

Thanks!
tekwyzrd
Technological Hen

Return to Entropy|Equo|Rigo Package Managers