SL 4.1 Equo World breaks wireless and kvpnc

Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

SL 4.1 Equo World breaks wireless and kvpnc

Postby tman7510 » Fri May 22, 2009 21:57

For some reason after running equo world on SL 4.1 wireless for my atheros card and kvpnc break. My wireless can be repaired by downgrading knetworkmanager but kvpnc doesnt give me any errors it just hangs. If I open it from command propt wit root privledges it does nothing. If I execute it from the kdemenu I get a password prompt requesting root privledges but then nothing after I enter root passwd. The odd thing is it opens from command promt without root privaledges but it doesn't really work. I try using the profile wizard to import config files and keys but they cant find the files even after pointing it to the correct path and selecting the files. I just get the kvpnc eror window "file not found". I guess I just have to do a clean instll of SL 4.1 and not update except for a select few. :roll:
tman7510
Simple Hen

Re: SL 4.1 Equo World breaks wireless and kvpnc

Postby WarraWarra » Sat May 23, 2009 18:47

You should run this every week or more to make sure the whole thing is happy.
Code: Select all
equo update ; equo install equo spritz entropy layman portage ; equo conf update ; equo database gentoosync ; layman -S ; equo libtest ; equo deptest

This should keep every part running the way it should and fix any missing anything from the wireless or kde or installed ont he system / world / your SL.

You can copy and paste to terminal just as it is as the ; will continue if previous step fails instead of stop if using && in between commands that fails.

To find out what all this does type:
equo --help

Either way the important parts in the above is the libtest and deptest and only this should fix the problem hopefully then try again after reboot to connect to wifi.
WarraWarra
Sagely Hen

Re: SL 4.1 Equo World breaks wireless and kvpnc

Postby tman7510 » Sun May 24, 2009 4:11

I tried all that but I had zero luck. libtest and depest did nothing. Under SL 4.1 I had to blacklist the ath5k module, because it didnt support my atheros chip. Is there a new module that supports what ath_pci module does? I was forced to reinstall and dont want to world update again if it is going to break my wireless.
tman7510
Simple Hen

Return to Entropy|Equo|Rigo Package Managers