Funny Tech Support Stories

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Funny Tech Support Stories

Postby GI_James » Tue May 19, 2009 15:23

It's almost midnight, and I'm at work... doing nothing of course.

I had a guy right click on a file on his desktop, select CUT then couldn't find the file, he said it was in the mouse? Being the smarty pants that I am, I picked up the mouse and started looking for the file.

What are some funny/rediculous "Tech Support" stories you have out there?
James Strickland
Crestview, FL
StrickStuff.com
Computer
Screen
Keyboard
Wireless Mouse
Mouse Pad
GI_James
Simple Hen

Re: Funny Tech Support Stories

Postby joost » Tue May 19, 2009 18:30

"The computer cannot find my printer" "I even hold it infront off the monitor and it still claims it cannot find it"
joost
Sagely Hen

Postby GI_James » Tue May 19, 2009 19:42

joost wrote:"The computer cannot find my printer" "I even hold it infront off the monitor and it still claims it cannot find it"

Good stuff... Its now 3:41am... the 5:30 pm to 6am shift is going by nice & slow... good times...
James Strickland
Crestview, FL
StrickStuff.com
Computer
Screen
Keyboard
Wireless Mouse
Mouse Pad
GI_James
Simple Hen

Postby joeoden » Tue May 19, 2009 23:49

53 year old male brings is complete system to me and states:
Had to take my new printer back to place of purchase because it would not print in colour, when I picked it up they said it was OK and they charged me $45, but it still will not print in colour!
After I fired system up I asked him to show me what he was trying to print, and yes it printed the text from a MS Word document with black ink, I told him yes that is normal.
He replied but look at the screen it is in colour!

Spent 3 days teaching a 70 year old male MS Windows Basics, (switch it on, use mouse, open programs, move, maximise, minimise, restore, the help system, close windows and shut-down) he came in a week later stating that I was a bad teacher because he had to phone his granddaughter as he couldn't remember how to switch computer off!

Tech support telling their customers to repack the system in the box it came in and send it back to the place of purchase, because they are to ****ing stupid to use a computer.
Desktop ASUS M2N-MX SE Plus, AMD 64 X2 Dual Core 5200, 4 Gb RAM, GeForce 9500 1GB
Notebook HP CQ61-311AX, AMD CPU M320, 4 Gb RAM, Radeon HD 4300 512 MB
Wireless AR9285, Audio ATI SBx00 (IDT 92hd75B2x5)
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!
joeoden
Old Dear Hen

Location: Back in the 'swamp land' Moe, Australia 38°10′20″S 146°16′04″E

Postby ReemZ » Wed May 27, 2009 16:52

Great topic!! :mrgreen:

Read this one a long time ago in a mag, think it was some old lady:

"Yes, helpdesk?? Well I've been hitting the F1 key for about an hour now, when will you show up?"
Handtekening? Zeg...ik ga niet op m'n monitor schrijven!
ReemZ
Old Dear Hen

Postby kodiakmax » Thu May 28, 2009 6:49

This one happened to me I swear it's true.

guy comes up to me and says "my computer won't wake up from sleep"
I immediately ask "Is it turned on?"
He says "yes."
So, I say "OK, lets go take a look"
We get to his computer and he says "See" as he moves his mouse around. "and it's on." as he points to his monitor.
Sure enough a green light was on on the monitor. I glance down at the tower and what do I discover? Sure enough no lights. So, I bend down and press the power button. Tada! it starts to boot up!
He says "oh."
I just smile, nod my head and walk away. chuckling to myself the whole way back to my desk.
I thought that only happened in helpdesk stories, kind of like ghost stories. noone can be that dumb, but I just saw it and now I know...
If you check the wiki, use the search function and google you can find the answer to most of your questions.

Remember to mark your thread [Solved] if your issue is fixed.
kodiakmax
Advanced Hen

Return to Off Topic