[Input Needed] Sabayon 5 Brainstorm

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

Re: [Input Needed] Sabayon 5 Brainstorm

Postby dunsurfin » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:03

Probably an unpopular suggestion but I'd like a return to the full DVD with both KDE and Gnome and as much stuff as possible.
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Postby BlueJayofEvil » Sat May 09, 2009 2:20

dunsurfin wrote:Probably an unpopular suggestion but I'd like a return to the full DVD with both KDE and Gnome and as much stuff as possible.

I'd like to see that brought back as well, maybe on a dual-layer DVD that includes some extras?
BlueJayofEvil
Growing Hen

Postby Thev00d00 » Sat May 09, 2009 3:10

Dual Layer?! =O
Please report Bugs on the Bugzilla, not forum
Please Adopt an Unanswered thread
Website / Blog : v00d00.net
twitter: Follow Me
G+: Circle Me
Thev00d00
Generally Awesome (tm)

Postby WarraWarra » Sat May 09, 2009 17:32

We would have to add screen resolution software or config's that would help with odd screen sizes like HDTV 1080p 1080i 720i 480i stuff like this and similar.

Both 4.1 and older has issues with nvidia and HDTV screen sizes to change to correct size by default or needs better implementation if possible / helper app.

Will see what I can find and post for other users to cover this bald spot for the time being.
WarraWarra
Sagely Hen

Postby mobilehunter » Mon May 11, 2009 1:41

My ideas:

1. Improved wireless network experience, assume networkmanager still sluggish, provide wicd as backup.
2. Ibus offered to non english user, for example user who want to input japanese character.
mobilehunter
Growing Hen

Postby Thev00d00 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:36

mobilehunter wrote:My ideas:

1. Improved wireless network experience, assume networkmanager still sluggish, provide wicd as backup.

Done and Done, this was discussed by core only last night and including wicd and NM by default was decided upon diue extensive issues with NM in its current state.

2. Ibus offered to non english user, for example user who want to input japanese character.

Log a bug :alien:
Please report Bugs on the Bugzilla, not forum
Please Adopt an Unanswered thread
Website / Blog : v00d00.net
twitter: Follow Me
G+: Circle Me
Thev00d00
Generally Awesome (tm)

Postby DHalens » Mon May 11, 2009 13:08

mobilehunter wrote:2. Ibus offered to non english user, for example user who want to input japanese character.

I support the inclusion of ibus in entropy but oppose to include it in dvd until got it working properly.
Former Sabayon staff (retired).
For any personal questions or whatever, contact me trough my G+ profile
DHalens
Old Dear Hen

Postby dsparil » Tue May 12, 2009 18:48

Thev00d00 wrote:Hello creatives!

Obviously we are plodding along with our 4.x releases for a while yet, but I want to hear / see what you guys are looking for in the future iterations of everyones favorite Gentoo based distro?

Personally for gnome, I would like a dock and conky as default with a funky wallpaper of some type, but this isnt about me, its about you guys!

Create mock ups, links to cool stuff, paste wallpapers you like, icon sets, cool UIs, whats good and bad with currently releases? etc etc.

Here is my Sabayon 5 Gnome mock up:

Feel free to add stuff you want, stuff you dont.

I am very happy with the dark theme that Sabayon 4.1 has. IMO this is the best looking distro out there. I hope the team doesn't deviate too much from the current theme in future releases. :)

dunsurfin wrote:Probably an unpopular suggestion but I'd like a return to the full DVD with both KDE and Gnome and as much stuff as possible.

Yes, very unpopular. I wouldn't mind it as long as the light versions are released simultaneously or before the heavy version. Bloatware has been one of the biggest criticism that Sabayon has received, and the current 4.1 releases has the bloatware down to a minimum.
Last edited by dsparil on Tue May 12, 2009 18:55, edited 3 times in total.
dsparil
Young Hen

Postby DanySK » Tue May 12, 2009 18:53

dsparil wrote:I am very happy with the dark theme that Sabayon 4.1 has. IMO this is the best looking distro out there. I hope the team doesn't deviate too much from the current theme in future releases. :)

I quote.
DanySK
Technological Hen

Postby WarraWarra » Tue May 12, 2009 19:36

The 3.5pod can be updated but takes about 1093 or there about's packages to update , maybe we can rebuild it or using funtoo stage 3 / metro and SL layman + SL artwork build a new xfce4 cd version. Can even merge entropy and funtoo + added features.

Both DVD and CD version has a place in my life but prefer the cd.

PS> systemrescuecd has both 32 and 64 bit on it with both lib and lib64 modules and kernel maybe we can do the same and safe bandwidth + only seed 1 torrent per release. Should only add about 30mb to 80mb to the iso by doing this.
WarraWarra
Sagely Hen

PreviousNext

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions