Sabayon boot problems

Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

Sabayon boot problems

Postby 00110111 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 17:59

Hey, I was stupid and updated my system without reading into it, and now all the older kernels wont boot. The system loads, but then a blinking line comes up and it wont do anything. Anyone have any ideas on to what is happening? the new kernel works, but I need to load all the drivers into it. any help on that would be appreciated too. I am using Ubuntu right now, so I can still run and access files on my system. Thanks, and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
3v4n :)
Young Hen

Re: Sabayon boot problems

Postby throdon » Mon Apr 13, 2009 18:24

does grub load, i recently had an endless loop between the BIOS startup screen and grub. grub would not load .
so i got my install disk out and on the screen where you have a choice of install or recover/fix a sabayon install.
choose reinstall boot loader this takes literally 2 seconds. but make sure this is a grub problem and not something else.
Troll hunter with an overzealous nature
throdon
Advanced Hen

Postby wolfden » Mon Apr 13, 2009 18:43

edited and moved to correct forum

why do you need to boot the old kernels?

boot up the new kernel and just install the drivers needed, making sure eselect kernel list is on your newest kernel
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby 00110111 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:45

It isn't a GRUb problem. The old kernels will not boot. in the new kernel i am unable to connect to the internet.
I am really enjoying this learning experience. Sorry for posting in the wrong forum :oops:
Young Hen

Return to Entropy|Equo|Rigo Package Managers