I just tried an "equo install entropy" and after downloading all packages and attempting to install the latest portage, I get the following:
- Code: Select all
>> ++ (1/6) >>> dev-lang/python-2.5.4-r2
>> ## Ebuild: pkg_prerm()
>> ## Ebuild: pkg_postrm()
* Linking /usr/bin/python2.5 to /usr/bin/python (relative)
* Linking /usr/bin/python2.5 to /usr/bin/python2 (relative)
* Linking /usr/bin/idle2.5 to /usr/bin/idle (relative)
* Linking /usr/bin/pydoc2.5 to /usr/bin/pydoc (relative)
* Linking /usr/bin/python-config-2.5 to /usr/bin/python-config (relative)
* Linking /usr/share/man/man1/python2.5.1.bz2 to /usr/share/man/man1/python.1.bz2 (relative)
* Cleaning orphaned Python bytecode from /usr/lib/python2.5 ..
>> ## Unpacking package: dev-lang:python-2.5.4-r2~0.tbz2
>> ## Ebuild: pkg_preinst()
>> ## Installing package: dev-lang/python-2.5.4-r2
/usr/bin/equo: line 4: 4036 Bus error python /usr/lib/entropy/client/equo.py "$@"
Which of course, breaks python. I installed python by simply extracting a copy found in this link:
http://virtb.visibleassets.com:2080/gee ... kages/All/
But no matter how many times I re-try installing python it fails. I also see no way of "injecting" the python package, although I would rather not have to do that since python is an important package. Any suggestions?