Online dedi build server ?

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Online dedi build server ?

Postby WarraWarra » Fri Mar 13, 2009 0:09

Just wondering if anyone would be interested if we can organise a online dedicated build server with possibly a web interface to add say non portage source code as well as portage "all" or customized build enviroment to compliment portage and Entropy bin packages.

Your bin package will be ready in 10 9 8 7 ... seconds, ping ready.

This idea can be refined and tweaked as is needed.

This is a 2 year old idea and should be easy enough to do as the web interface should be able to accept say a http / ftp link for sourceforge or other links of non portage zipped files and then build it either against a 32bit or 64bit enviroment likely on a stable x86 that can later be rebuild by who ever needs it to ~x86 unstable from the bin package on their own pc ??

Could get a quad core or 2xcpu opteron 265 dual cores with 2tb traffic and 4+gb ram for about $110 per month for something like this.

Pretty much all it "the milkcow" does is compile bin packages / kernels etc. to resupply portage / entropy. Dev.s can even use it to build new live cd /dvd's ??

Heck can even have donate button on it to help cover the costs should anyone else / rpm / Apple distro's need help with their stuff or similar LOL.

Man SL is so nice and it just works and has everything as compared to some other distro's I just tested.
WarraWarra
Sagely Hen

Re: Online dedi build server ?

Postby Thev00d00 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:43

Well that could work abeit with alot of work. I think a web interface to the community repos interface would work, im not sure uploading random tarballs would be wise however. Plus it would have to have ebuilds to build from
Please report Bugs on the Bugzilla, not forum
Please Adopt an Unanswered thread
Website / Blog : v00d00.net
twitter: Follow Me
G+: Circle Me
Thev00d00
Generally Awesome (tm)

Return to Off Topic