Bug Reports - VERY IMPORTANT

If you are new to Linux or new to Sabayon Linux and just not sure where to post, here ya go. Post without fear of being told to RTFM :-)

Moderator: Moderators

Bug Reports - VERY IMPORTANT

Postby lythandrel » Thu Feb 19, 2009 21:33

I realise the Sabayon forums are a very convenient and easy way to discuss our likes, dislikes, problems, requests questions about Sabayon Linux.
We do try our best to supply as much information as we can about Sabayon, and we try our hardest to make sure it functions happily. However, occasionally bugs and glitches will pop up. These are matters we can't control - they just happen and they need to be fixed. Sometimes it's a bug in the program itself, sometimes it's a problem with how we've packaged that program. There are numerous causes. These issues are where all of you Sabayon user can help us. If you run into something that you are convinced is a bug, and not user error, instead of reporting it on the forums, please report it on our bug tracker.

Sabayon's Bugzilla is a centralised area where all the bugs are listed and they can be assigned to people to fix the bugs. It's easily searchable so you can see reported bugs on a package, and it's very organised. It would be greatly helpful to us if bugs were reported there instead of on the forums. Please help us to help you and make use of Sabayon's Bugzilla!

The address for our bugtracker is:

http://bugs.sabayonlinux.org

When reporting bugs, please be sure to include logs, a pastebin of the error including the prompt where you ran the command to where it crashed and the traceback. whether it's reproducible or not. The more information you provide us on the bug tracker, the better. If it's a problem with drivers, please also include the hardware list lspci or lsusb provides, and a list of loaded drivers from lsmod.
lythandrel
Young Hen

Re: Bug Reports - VERY IMPORTANT

Postby Thev00d00 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 21:43

Plus when you report a bug you are much more likely to get a response from a Dev, and your issue is more likely to be resolved :D
Please report Bugs on the Bugzilla, not forum
Please Adopt an Unanswered thread
Website / Blog : v00d00.net
twitter: Follow Me
G+: Circle Me
Thev00d00
Generally Awesome (tm)

Postby Rajkumar » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:40

Sorry, I am not able to post as it does not recognise my name and password (of the forum).
Rajkumar
Baby Hen

Postby ReemZ » Wed Jul 15, 2009 21:14

Rajkumar wrote:Sorry, I am not able to post as it does not recognise my name and password (of the forum).

Then perhaps registering would be a good idea? ;)
Handtekening? Zeg...ik ga niet op m'n monitor schrijven!
ReemZ
Old Dear Hen

Postby Marius » Sun Nov 15, 2009 0:01

Re. Sabayon's Bugzilla: when you need to report a new bug in the Entropy category you notice that the OS menu you are presented with is outdated: Sabayon 3.5, 4.0, 4.1, and no later versions of Sabayon listed.

Would you please update the menu...
Marius
Simple Hen

Postby ocinu » Sun Oct 03, 2010 16:24

¿Where do i post bugs about the installer? Seems to me that there don't go in the Entropy category...
"Cuando era niño me dijeron que cualquiera podría llegar a ser presidente, ahora estoy empezando a creerlo."
ocinu
Young Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Sun Oct 03, 2010 18:39

I suggest you post your bug report regarding the Installer on the LiveDVD under:

Product: Sabayon Linux
Component: Live (Component Description: "Issues that occur during a livedvd session")
Version: 5.x KDE or 5.x Gnome, or whichever other edition of SL you are filing the report against
Severity: choose the appropriate severity from the pull-down list
Hardware: choose your hardware from the pull-down list
OS: Sabayon Mainline (or Sabayon DAILY instead if you're filing a report against a DAILY ISO)
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

bugs

Postby NIXXTREME » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:56

I actually found some errors that it is definite that are ignored as the system but post them in bugzilla
The following are herrores
after a successful installation of sabayon 5.5 G the system works correctly, but if you install the updates that indicates the system passes the following
1 no ntfs partitions can be mounted even after reinstalling ntfs3g this requires manually editing the file policykit
2 fail access panel nautilus does not open or otors user folder locations are in places, to enter nautilus is necessary first to enter a team and then go to the folder you want
3 if fusion-icon is activated the screen goes completely blank, I know it still works because pressing the button goes off and usually enter
4 gnonme lost privilesgios in one hand an error indicating that no one is authorized and can not change the time

I should mention that previously had all these updates installed without problems but I installed gradually as they were leaving for a matte the system error and had to reinstall from scratch and have made ​​several attempts to update the problems are the same

working on a lap top
Toshiba Qosmio X505 sp8017M
processor core i7
nvidia video 360M
realtec wifi rtl8192se
sabayon 5.5 amd64 G

I think is all important
NIXXTREME
Simple Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Sat Apr 09, 2011 19:16

NIXXTREME, this thread is not for reporting bugs. Please create a forum thread if you want to discuss them, and create a bug report in the SL Bugzilla to report them to the developers.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby NIXXTREME » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:18

Sorry, I use the google translator and do not copy everything.
My intention is to ask how I can properly make a bug report as it is the first time you send one.
NIXXTREME
Simple Hen

Next

Return to Beginners|Newbies Area