Problems before update Sabayon 4 Lite [Solved]

Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

Problems before update Sabayon 4 Lite [Solved]

Postby zambayoni » Sun Feb 01, 2009 18:39

Hi, i installed this very nice distribution, and nothing problems. But, i've problems when updated. I using spritz and updating (very much packages including Gnome system). Before updating, network not working and when i rebooted system, the graphical screen login switch automaticaly to console for some problem. To go a graphical session, i must do ctrl-alt-F7.

Every time that boot the system, i do ctrl-alt-F7 to init Gnome session. This fact occurr before update the system. The network problem is solved in line command:

# net-setup eth0

Your are the same problems with Sabayon 4 Lite? Would be more problems that i not see? thanks :?
zambayoni
Young Hen

Re: Problems before update Sabayon 4 Lite

Postby wolfden » Sun Feb 01, 2009 23:53

try downgrading networkmanager and seeing if that helps
wolfden
Sharecropper

Re: Problems before update Sabayon 4 Lite

Postby zambayoni » Tue Feb 03, 2009 21:52

thanks wolfden, but i re-installed Sabayon. This second installation i select install Sabayon 4 Lite 3D (after was installed without 3D). Before update system, not errors. Only must do reconfigure network parameters (i not use DHCP, i use fix IP) with the gnome miniapplication of networkmanager one time, and works each time that rebooting system. Only a detail, each time that i connect the wire LAN, i must press with mouse to icon of miniapplication networkmanager to select my configuration, because the networkmanager try find with Auto eth0 (is configurated automaticaly before update, to inalambric network).

I think that there are a bug with updating networkmanager in Sabayon 4 Lite. Thanks for your help. :D
zambayoni
Young Hen

Return to Entropy|Equo|Rigo Package Managers