Boring xmas in shops ?

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Boring xmas in shops ?

Postby WarraWarra » Mon Dec 22, 2008 21:06

Is anyone else noticing the bland boring stuff available in stores this xmas ?

It is like someone forgot to change to usual stuff no one wants in stores and forgot it is xmas so nothing new nothing even remotely saying walk thru the stores or look at me, same with tech stuff.
Walked into pcworld today and thought mmhhh maybe something new for my laptop / pc / games or something that I do not need. 10 mins. into store I was so unhappy and almost angry that I just walked out extremely disapointed and into a clothing store that was even worse, same with mobile phone shop and Apple store = :shock:

Did everyone forget about xmas or is London just slow and behind the times ?
So many angry unhappy people on tubes and busses say the same, "pockets full of money and nothing to buy" might as well cancel xmas.

I can understand that everyone is leaving UK to EU as the EU salary will be worth more than UK£ in next month, so before the rush everyone leaves but this is still no reasons to have dull boring stores full of nothing.

I can not believe UK is now same as Zimbabwe = 3rd world / weak currency and nothing to buy even if you have money / Euro / £ / $ .
Thought I would get something for £50 here that costs £250 in South Africa and ship it to Mom but no joy.

:@:
WarraWarra
Sagely Hen

Re: Boring xmas in shops ?

Postby wolfden » Mon Dec 22, 2008 21:13

online shopping in your pajamas for the win - why go out in the cold when they will deliver it to your door? Course I live in a rural area so my stores are always the same, can't even buy a pair of shoes in town.

:santa:
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby Stupot » Mon Dec 22, 2008 21:42

Yes, the world has very much changed to having things instantly, that waiting for Christmas has gone out of fashion. Besides Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving here in the States) there really hasn't been any incentive to go to stores and go shopping. Three people died that day due to being trampled by other shoppers.

I can't really comment on the state of affairs in the UK, but I know that businesses here didn't want to spend money, stocking up on inventory that might not get purchased due to the recession and people buying things online.
Stupot
Sagely Hen

Postby wolfden » Mon Dec 22, 2008 22:36

I agree, the black Friday was rather dull, didn't see anything worth rushing out to yet alone dieing for. I saw one thing on newegg I wanted and when I went to get it, the cart wouldn't work for taking the coupon so I said blah and clicked the X. Otherwise I just didn't see any spectacular deals that I needed.
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby dunsurfin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:47

WarraWarra wrote:Is anyone else noticing the bland boring stuff available in stores this xmas ?

I wish it was the normal stuff - the shops here in Newcastle are full of "Christmas" rubbish and junk. Perhaps the shoppers who aren't spending have finally realised that the whole thing is a marketing scam. Scrooge is my hero!
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Postby kf4bzt » Tue Dec 23, 2008 16:33

You know, the mentality is that we can get what we need throughout the year and it is very difficult to shop. I have been trying to find something for my wife for a few weeks and it really is hard. And forget about black Friday. :) We don't get out and go shopping much due to the large crowds. Plus the prices on products have gone up so much, people really don't have the money to buy the things that they want anyway.
kf4bzt
Baby Hen

Return to Off Topic