I thought Compiz was great....

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: I thought Compiz was great....

Postby totedati » Sun Oct 28, 2007 19:08

eshum wrote:
totedati wrote:"is only a bigger screen, using more memory and a lot more cpu power ... and touchscreen technology is already mature ... what i want is a real speech recognition sistem ... and a perfect ocr system ... and of course holographic projection ... what i see here is some form of matrix reloaded ... not enough ... not for me ..."
No wait Yes isn't this why we have dual core, quad core, and 4X4 etc. etc. ya 6 gigs of memory minimum today who knows about 2008. Oh wait you computer room will be four LCD walls and ceiling with surround sound YA YA.

ed

well, is not enough to have four LCD walls ... you need also to speak to it, not to put your fingers ADN all ower it ... what i mean, is what i see in that demo is nothing new, no new technology only actual technology used in a more sane way ... is a good thing to think how to use more eficient a big touchscreen LCD but nothing exceptional ... LCD, touchscreens ... lot of cpu power, and memory, to use ...

in the meantime real technology breakers like a real and useful speech recognition sistem, devices capable to eat all our books and liberate our rooms, and in the meantime save our planet forest, like a perfect ocr sistem, and many more things, all of it related to some grade of artificial AI embeded in that technology is in a sore state now ... slow progress here ...
linux is free, the expertise to harness it is not!
you don't make so much money selling open source software!
You make MORE money USING it, just like google!
linux registered user #352479
totedati
Technological Hen

Postby joost » Sun Oct 28, 2007 19:48

Telepathy API(tm)

"We know what you think, we know what you want to buy"

(c) 2010 Google

(Mouse holds some electrodes that record how you respond to results. The responses can build your profile digitally)
//Damn i need to get patent on this.
joost
Sagely Hen

Postby eshum » Mon Oct 29, 2007 18:27

"all of it related to some grade of artificial AI embeded in that technology is in a sore state now ... slow progress here ..." True and we have not reached warp 1 yet either. So it seems Mars remains as far away today as it was yesterday.

ed
eshum
Technological Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:57

Yet another company's product:

http://www.oblong.com/

Looks gimmicky, but nice all the same. There are plenty of real-world uses for such a system, which I expect is why several companies are working so actively in the field.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby philisse » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:20

what a fantastic evolution !!!!

:mrgreen:
philisse
Baby Hen

Postby eshum » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:40

And one day you will walk into sphere and touch, talk, and think and be surrounded with effects and bam your addicted and never come out of your new little world!

ed
eshum
Technological Hen

Previous

Return to Off Topic