Bye Bye Bunzie.. :/

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Bye Bye Bunzie.. :/

Postby lythandrel » Tue Nov 04, 2008 23:14

For those of you who have been around the Sabayon community for a while, particularly if you are an active participant in the freenode #sabayon and #sabayon-social channels, you will have come across someone with the nickname Bunz. It is my sad duty to inform you that Alan Fox (aka Bunz) has recently passed away. He was a part of our community for near a year now. He was best known for his "cyber-balloons" and his daily nick changes (all suffixed with Bunz - HappyBunz, UndieBunz, OopsBunz). He was a great lover of nature and photography, and some of us bonded with him because of having that in common with him. He also always had an ear and a kind word when people needed him to listen. While most of us only knew him online, his kindness, sense of humour, and generosity of spirit were apparent, even over the net. He will be missed tremendously.

I don't want to get into the details of his death, since they've already been posted elsewhere, so if anyone wants to see the news article, the link will be posted below. Also, there is a brief obituary link. There isn't an address to send a condolence card listed, but in the obituary, there is a funeral home contact in case anyone wants to make a donation to a charity of your own choice in Alan's name. If you want to do something quieter and more personal to say goodbye in your own way, since he seemed so fond of gifting cyber-balloons in irc, you may want to consider getting a helium balloon, attaching your own note to the string, and releasing it.

Article - http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/112-10212008-1608461.html'
Obituary - http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/223-10212008-1608529.html
lythandrel
Young Hen

Re: Bye Bye Bunzie.. :/

Postby joost » Tue Nov 04, 2008 23:23

We love you mr. bunz

And we will never loose focus, humor and the intellectual input you gave us.

Sabayon 4 will be dedicated to you, because you stand for all of that, we love you, rest in peace my dear friend.
joost
Sagely Hen

Postby Azerthoth » Tue Nov 04, 2008 23:23

This was a guy who could make you smile when you were feeling your worst. Even online he had a natural easy going way that always showed through. This is one of those people, even though we never met, I will think of from time to time for the rest of my life. Hopefully whenever I see a balloon, I will remember him and give him one more smile.

Goodbye my friend, I hope to meet you later.
Azerthoth
Simple Hen

Postby lxnay » Tue Nov 04, 2008 23:31

Rest in peace my friend. We all feel deep sadness. :cry:
Join us on IRC (chat.freenode.net #sabayon or WebChat)
Submit bugs to our Bug Tracker
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
Add me on Google+
lxnay
Land Owner

Postby wolfden » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:15

Life

It changes so fast and you can't always count on tomorrow being there. Loosing friends and loved ones is one of the hardest things we endure in life. Bunz touched many people with his ways. He won't be forgotten and prayers go out to his family. I just hope he is up in heaven taking wonderful pictures of angels and handing out balloons to everyone.

Another tradgic death way before his time.

RIP Al
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby DHalens » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:57

I'm not sure what to say...
I think i never talked with him but i didn't need it to knew he was a nice person.
I remember some of his nicks (SplendidBunz, DontKnowBunz, HappyBunz, BunzyBunz, ...) and I'll always remember the first time i read one of his "cyber-balloons" sentences. It was "Bunz hugz Wolfie and hands him a balloon full of ansel adams' patience" (in reference to wolfden probably starting to loose his patience with me).
Former Sabayon staff (retired).
For any personal questions or whatever, contact me trough my G+ profile
DHalens
Old Dear Hen

Postby CatalanUser » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:07

Here it comes a big baloon full of peace and love for you, Mr. Bunz... We'll miss you!!
CatalanUser
Growing Hen

Postby wolfden » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:29

This is one of my favorite pics he had taken:
http://alfox6648.fotopic.net/p35906601.html
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby freeallbadgers » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:02

I'm in shock and deep sadness at this news. Bunz had one of lifes greatest abilities , to make people smile and laugh. I will miss you Mr Bunz.

Rest in Peace my friend.
“I just finished compiling glibc and now it says there is a new update available? Arrgh! It never ends!!”
freeallbadgers
Growing Hen

Postby lxnay » Wed Nov 05, 2008 13:10

I myself learned a lot from him. He was one of the happiest guy I've ever *talked* with. We are missing you.
Join us on IRC (chat.freenode.net #sabayon or WebChat)
Submit bugs to our Bug Tracker
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
Add me on Google+
lxnay
Land Owner

Next

Return to Off Topic