i may be a goomba and cannot see it but..

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

i may be a goomba and cannot see it but..

Postby Gapdragon » Thu Jul 31, 2008 17:40

is there something for sabayon that does the same as the system control panel that suse has where i can control all services and stuff as simply as suse, i really like sabayon and really dont care for suse, but being such a noob, suse actually is easier to manage with that ONE piece of software
Gapdragon
Baby Hen

Re: i may be a goomba and cannot see it but..

Postby Stupot » Thu Jul 31, 2008 18:02

Interesting that you mention that. There currently is no control center in Sabayon that could be seen as a replacement for Yast, however there is some (serious) discussion of one being made for Sabayon. KDE and GNOME both have control centers that you can as well for most purposes.
Stupot
Sagely Hen

Postby Gapdragon » Thu Jul 31, 2008 18:06

yeah i saw that, but there is no where NEAR as fine a control as suse, which yaknow, they really have that shit down RIGHT, i just dont like the way they set up things like apache and things in such an odd and pain in the ass manner to work with
Gapdragon
Baby Hen

Postby Gapdragon » Thu Jul 31, 2008 18:08

believe me if i had money, which after having 40k US in reconstructive surgery to a shattered thighbone, year, i have enough titanium in my right thigh to build a submarine, i would pay a developer to port that, its about the single most useful thing i have ever seen in linux besides this new spritz manager you wonder wizards have come up with
Gapdragon
Baby Hen

Postby Gapdragon » Thu Jul 31, 2008 18:10

oh and one other thing, why oh WHY does setting up freeNX have to be such a ((^#^&^*&^%%@^#(*)$_$(@[email protected] in the ass to set up lmao
Gapdragon
Baby Hen

Return to Software in General