PS3 Sabayon?

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

PS3 Sabayon?

Postby Darksurf » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:49

Would the devs/community be interested in Sabayon for the PS3?
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Re: PS3 Sabayon?

Postby xlnagla » Tue Jul 29, 2008 15:21

It sounds interesting, but to the best of my knowledge we really don't have any ppc support, which would be kinda necessary for ps3 support. I suppose porting the overlay and entropy wouldn't be terribly difficult (being as entropy is python and the overlay is source), but we'd still have to get ppc support built into our kernel and drivers. Still an interesting proposition though, hope lxnay sees this thread.

~xlnagla
xlnagla
Sagely Hen

Postby senofed » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:25

i remember speaking with chris about 2 years ago about this and i will still be willing to beta test this no question. i would love to have sabayon on my ps3.. rpm distributions and support for the ps3 is still abysmal... no working vlc.. nothing is configured for the ps3 really.. gentoo is flexible enough to where this project may work. and yes, i've tried installing gentoo onto a ps3 and it's just not worth it.. it's not good to leave the ps3 on for days at a time to do the initial install.. something fast and pre-configured would be a welcomed change.
senofed
Simple Hen

Postby Darksurf » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:19

I agree. Gentoo is too big of a pain to install on the PS3, although I've seen it done. This would be nice, having a preconfigured sabayon/gentoo disc.
~ Y </0 5+Up1</ P30p[Ez +Ry 2 R34</ D1s? ~
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions