New Sabayon Look.

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

How does the new Sabayon website theme suit you?

I like it.
32%
It could be altered.
15%
I don't care.
5%
Take the white out.
14%
Add some black.
25%
Mix the colours up.
9%

Total votes : 105

Re: New Sabayon Look.

Postby dyingmuppet » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:34

Thanks wolfden, great work :)
And as Fitzcarraldo says make the background a bit darker so it doesn't burn in your eyes :wink:
And/Or for Fitzcarraldo.. put your brightness down! :P

grtz Dre
dyingmuppet
Growing Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:39

dyingmuppet wrote:And/Or for Fitzcarraldo.. put your brightness down! :P

Yes, tried that, but it doesn't help much, especially as it makes the text more difficult to read for me. It's the contrast between the white areas and the rest of the page that hurts my eyes. Too much white for me.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby mar1u5z » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:20

dyingmuppet wrote:Btw for anyone who doesn't like the new sabayon theme at all, I have made my own page: http://83.247.89.49/sabayon.html to share backgrounds and bootsplash, backgrounds and verbose screens in every resolution provided by default.

Keep up the good work!

I love the colors theme number two (which was previous, but not the first one, the yellowish one) and the blue may be nice but for now it needs more work.

Anyhow: we (I mean the users) option during the installation or during adding the new user (or configuring the new account):
WHAT sabayon theme do you want :)

I know that the colors don't seem to be THE problem of a growing distro but there's another rule from computer world:
If it's not broken DON"T FIX IT :)
The old sabayon theme was amazing and didn't need any fixing :D

And the other thing:
The old brown-and-yellow logo doesn't go to well with the blue theme. Yellow YES, brown NO!
I'm not a big financial supporter of sabayon but isn't it possible to hire a designer? Just for few things like colors!!!
mar1u5z
Young Hen

Postby wolfden » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:25

mar1u5z wrote:I'm not a big financial supporter of sabayon but isn't it possible to hire a designer? Just for few things like colors!!!

I agree we need an art team that can combine and have color coordination - that has always been a problem here.
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby mar1u5z » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:41

wolfden wrote:I agree we need an art team that can combine and have color coordination - that has always been a problem here.

YES!!!
Please! :D
mar1u5z
Young Hen

Postby nagpa » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:03

For me, blue color is associating to windows. Especially THIS blue.

Default theme of windowsXP is blue color.
Windows logo is in blue circle.
Color of ourdays [s o j u z] (union) is blue color.
etc., etc...

There are such many colors: color of sand, green color, various intermediate colors (red-orange, orange-yellow, yellow-green...), lighter or darker...
nagpa
Baby Hen

Postby eshum » Sat Jun 28, 2008 20:05

I like the blue! Windows trademark BSOD is a much darker shade of blue and is always an unpleasant experience.

ed
eshum
Technological Hen

Postby lytithwyn » Tue Jul 01, 2008 20:21

I love the new blue. I was so happy when I did an update one day and all the dark red and black stuff was replaced by the cool blue stuff. Honestly, the console frame buffer background looks better than any one I've ever seen.

Thanks all you Sabayon artists! You guys make life so much nicer for those of us who feel like we accomplished something when we scratch out a decent looking stick figure. 8)
lytithwyn
Baby Hen

Postby symon1980 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:06

When i first tried Sabayon Linux, 3.4 I was Amazed by it and installed it immediately! I really like the Red theme, It is
Different to every other linux distro's artwork, and was impressive to the eyes :)
I can't say i really like the new theme, it looks ok, but not impressive.
I spent a few weeks with sabayon, but i got increasingly frustrated with the package manager "portage"
It is very Powerful, but merely installing/upgrading packages can sometimes be a nightmare. For me atleast anyways,
I much prefer the simplicity of package managers like apt-get, and Yast2 in OpenSuse 11.
Ahwell. Good luck the the sabayon guys anyways, its a great distro, but not for me :)
OpenSuse11 kde 3.5x FTW! :)
symon1980
Baby Hen

Postby joost » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:14

@ symon1980

Uhm, look at the spritz icon on your desktop.

:D
joost
Sagely Hen

PreviousNext

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions