New Sabayon Look.

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

How does the new Sabayon website theme suit you?

I like it.
32%
It could be altered.
15%
I don't care.
5%
Take the white out.
14%
Add some black.
25%
Mix the colours up.
9%

Total votes : 105

Re: New Sabayon Look.

Postby eshum » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:27

And its still easy on these 68 year old eyes! :D

ed
eshum
Technological Hen

Re: New Sabayon Look - incompatible with SL Konqueror?

Postby slmeyer » Tue Mar 04, 2008 13:18

Hi,
Just seem funny that the post/reply buttons in these fora are completely invisible to Konqueror as it comes out of the box with SL ;-)
slmeyer
Simple Hen

Postby ashley194 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 20:13

Love the new blue-themed website, ties in very nicely with SL 3.5 8)

ashley194
Technological Hen

Postby dyingmuppet » Wed Jun 18, 2008 20:33

This doesn't match my style and likings at all (sorry Fabio tastes differ :roll: :wink: )
So I would also suggest to create some different theme's, I hope/guess you still have the old website templates?
so why don't make links to switch templates? and for phpBB aka the Forum it shouldn't be difficult at all...

Btw for anyone who doesn't like the new sabayon theme at all, I have made my own page: http://83.247.89.49/sabayon.html to share backgrounds and bootsplash, backgrounds and verbose screens in every resolution provided by default. (if you have another weird resolution I could fix the files and .cfg file too, just PM or mail me at dyingmuppet at sabayonlinux.org)

If you have other suggestions for a background/bootsplash mail me. or create your own.

ps: at http://wgo.wolf911.us/?page_id=29 (wolfden's page) are a lot more backgrounds :D

Grtz Dre
dyingmuppet
Growing Hen

Postby eshum » Wed Jun 18, 2008 21:18

I like it never did like the really dark theme this one is refreshing in my eyes. :D

ed
eshum
Technological Hen

Postby joost » Wed Jun 18, 2008 21:21

Who do we pull out this OLD dusty topic?

:P

Anyway, i love the blue.
joost
Sagely Hen

Postby Wait...What? » Wed Jun 18, 2008 22:17

I thought the last theme was solid, but I'm liking the blue the more I see it. I'm not so keen on the yellow in the logo though.
Sabayon 4.1 x86_64 ATI Radeon 2400 (CPU): AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ Speed: 2,000.00 MHz Cores: 2 (RAM): 934.6 MB Free memory: 143.3 MB (+ 364.4 MB Caches) HP Pavilion 061 Model: RJ181AA-ABA a1600n (triple boot w/Vista & Win 7)
Wait...What?
Growing Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:23

Now that SL has a corporate sponsor (http://www.sabayonlinux.org/tag/altro/n ... tions.html) I suppose lxnay decided to make the SL theme more 'businesslike'. Less exciting, but it looks OK.

Regarding the phrase on the boot screen: Being a linguistic pedant, "sa.ba.yon, defined as dreams we can believe in" just doesn't sound right to me. SL is in the singular, so I would have thought the phrase should be "sa.ba.yon, defined as a dream we can believe in" or, better still in my opinion, "sa.ba.yon, a dream we can believe in". But then, it isn't a dream, is it? It's a reality, so... ;-)

As with the previous SL Forum theme, I find the contrast with white borders too much for my eyes. The pale blue is restful on my eyes, but I find the white areas hurt my eyes (yes, I know a lot of other Web sites have white areas on their pages too; I don't like those either). If it were possible to make the surrounding white area on SL Forum pages a pale, non-white colour, I would prefer it.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby wolfden » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:40

Fitzcarraldo wrote:Now that SL has a corporate sponsor (http://www.sabayonlinux.org/tag/altro/n ... tions.html) I suppose lxnay decided to make the SL theme more 'businesslike'. Less exciting, but it looks OK.

Regarding the phrase on the boot screen: Being a linguistic pedant, "sa.ba.yon, defined as dreams we can believe in" just doesn't sound right to me. SL is in the singular, so I would have thought the phrase should be "sa.ba.yon, defined as a dream we can believe in" or, better still in my opinion, "sa.ba.yon, a dream we can believe in". But then, it isn't a dream, is it? It's a reality, so... ;-)

As with the previous SL Forum theme, I find the contrast with white borders too much for my eyes. The pale blue is restful on my eyes, but I find the white areas hurt my eyes (yes, I know a lot of other Web sites have white areas on their pages too; I don't like those either). If it were possible to make the surrounding white area on SL Forum pages a pale, non-white colour, I would prefer it.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13756
The grey one doesn't have the bright white
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:27

^Thanks. I tried it but it doesn't get rid of the white background around the side, top and bottom of the forum page (which is what I meant in my previous post). I would prefer as little white background as possible (cf. the new Home Page, for example).
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

PreviousNext

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions