A little Firefox 3 Help [Solved]

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

A little Firefox 3 Help [Solved]

Postby The Sk » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:55

K well I downloaded Firefox 3 today.. then I untared it and ran the Firefox Shell script

After I clicked it everything appeared to go as planned because it opened Firefox 3 (I checked the "About" to see if it was indeed v3.0). So then I tried opening it via the main menu but it opened Firefox 2. I thought maybe I need to unmerge Firefox 2 so I did that.. after it unmerged successfully I took a look in the main menu again but now theres no Firefox Shortcut available.. I went back to the Firefox directory in /home/*user*/firefox, and clicked on the Firefox Shellscript again.. now it opened Firefox 3 again.. so I tried copying it into the Desktop to make a "shortcut" but when I click on it while its in the Dekstop.. it doesn't do anything... I tried running it via Terminal and it doesn't do anything either.. So my question is this..

How do I make a shortcut to my Firefox 3 on my Desktop? Or how do I put it in my Main Menu? I tried copy pasting the shell script but it doesn't work..

I know this might be too little of an issue but please help me out.. If you need me to explain anything else just ask

-The Sk
Last edited by The Sk on Wed Jun 18, 2008 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
The Sk
Young Hen

Re: A little Firefox 3 Help

Postby wolfden » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:07

why don't u install it with the package manager like you're suppose to.

http://gentoo-portage.com/www-client/mozilla-firefox

emerge --sync && emerge mozilla-firefox

http://wiki.sabayonlinux.org/index.php? ... tage_Guide
wolfden
Sharecropper

Re: A little Firefox 3 Help

Postby The Sk » Wed Jun 18, 2008 20:17

wow lol.. I had imagined it wasn't on Portage yet.. Lol thats what I get for not checking... lol thanks..
The Sk
Young Hen

Return to Software in General