request for LMMS in repo

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

request for LMMS in repo

Postby symon1980 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:13

hi. there is probably a more suitable section to put this request in, but couldn't find one. so i thought
i'de put it in here...

I would like to request for LMMS to be put into the repo. I have seen requests for this from August of 2007 and
it is still not in the repo for Sabayon/Gentoo.
Lmms is without a doubt, the best beat making/music/instrumental creation that exists in linux. I would know :)
I've tried them all, and have come from a Windows background with music production. I use to use Cakewalk in windows
for multitrack recording, and Fruity Loops for beats/music..... in linux Ardour is a great replacement to Cakewalk, (which we have in sabayon, awes)
and Lmms is a great replacement for Fruity Loops.

I thought bugger it, and i just compiled Lmms anyways, and works fine. But Please! chuck it in the repo's.
This tool is awesome, and i don't believe that the likes of Hydrogen, or any other apps come close overall.
Cheers ;)
Baby Hen

Re: request for LMMS in repo

Postby wolfden » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:30

ebuild there - would need someone to test and report on it and yes you can use to submit

Re: request for LMMS in repo

Postby sprig » Mon Jun 09, 2008 14:27

First of all, as wolfden noted and as the large notice above all the forum states, there is which is a more appropriate place to post such a request.

Aside from that, I have looked into it, and recent lmms versions are available in the pro-audio repository. The most recent non-live version there is lmms-0.3.1 (whereas the most recent release is 0.3.2). With all this is mind, I think it would be best if you added the pro-audio repository and used their ebuild, and maybe request a version bump if 0.3.2 is important to you.

I'm sorry if this is not the optimal solution for you, but I see no reason to maintain the ebuild in our repository when it is already maintained in another one, unless we make some special sabayon modifications.
Young Hen

Return to Software in General