Any free DVD burning programs

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

Any free DVD burning programs

Postby dirt » Fri May 23, 2008 10:39

that someone can confirm worked for him/her for the DVD version. I used infrarecorder for the mini and it worked fine, tried using it again for this dvd 3.5 loop 3 and it hangs up after Peter Anvin. So does anyone have a free program that they know works.
dirt
Young Hen

Re: Any free DVD burning programs

Postby DHalens » Fri May 23, 2008 13:08

k3b worked for me.
Anyway, have you checked the md5? Have you burned the dvd at low speed?
Former Sabayon staff (retired).
For any personal questions or whatever, contact me trough my G+ profile
DHalens
Old Dear Hen

Postby dirt » Fri May 23, 2008 13:26

I burned at low speed, but havent checked the md5 yet. K3b sounds good but I am not familiar with linux yet to be burning stuff with it and the iso is on my xp part which I could transfer but I would rather do it in windows. So, once again if anyone has a dvd program that has been proven to work for windows, I would appreciate. Thanks for the reply though.
dirt
Young Hen

Postby DHalens » Fri May 23, 2008 14:32

One of the best programs for iso images in windows is Alcohol 120%. It's not free but you can use the trial for 15 days... :roll:
Former Sabayon staff (retired).
For any personal questions or whatever, contact me trough my G+ profile
DHalens
Old Dear Hen

Postby xlnagla » Fri May 23, 2008 16:58

SwiftDisk has given me wonderous results in the past, actually emulated it in linux when k3b broke on me a while ago (have since fixed k3b). And if you're on Vista then the amazing iso recorder supports DVDs (only CDs in XP).

~xlnagla
xlnagla
Sagely Hen

Postby SZorg » Fri May 23, 2008 17:59

Try http://cdburnerxp.se/. It's free (Creative Commons) and it's what I've used when Alcohol wasn't available.
SZorg
Baby Hen

Postby dirt » Fri May 23, 2008 18:38

Thanks for all the suggestions, I am assuming that many of you guys created the DVD using these softwares so I will just have to see which one works.
dirt
Young Hen

Postby dirt » Mon May 26, 2008 16:11

So I reburned a different iso file dvd 3.5 and still get hanged up at the Peter Anvin part. I then proceed to run it from windows via vmware and it actually goes through, I tried to install it from windows and it does not recognize a linux partition to install. I am figuring that I have to do it from inside the mini. What do you guys think, is it possible to install from vmware? and how do you get it to run from linux most files including the autoboot are windows exe it says and when it asks me which program to open the file with I cant find one that works. The next line after Anvin says something about gfk core or something I dont remember, but the dvd did burn correctly I think its just a problem recognizing my gfx card.
dirt
Young Hen

Postby xlnagla » Mon May 26, 2008 21:47

Did you try the cheatcodes? those tend to sole any freezing problems.

~xlnagla
xlnagla
Sagely Hen

Postby dirt » Wed May 28, 2008 0:59

Weirdest thing happened today, after I used the dvd 3.5 loop3 3 on xp via vmware, I tried to boot from the DVD and it actually worked. Bad part is that when I do it again it wont. I did install it however but it messed my xp partition up. Now I reloaded xp and cant find the loop3. I am installing the mini again hopefully I will be able to recognize both Sab versions. As for the cheat codes, I cant get to the point where I can enter f5, it stalls at first screen. Maybe I can fix a file inside the rar to get me past my freezing point, I dunno.
dirt
Young Hen

Return to Software in General