Wine problem

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

Wine problem

Postby muhalif » Mon Apr 07, 2008 13:25

Wine doesn't work on sabayon 3.4f

I click wine doors. And then opens wine doors. I enter name and co. And I accept the license.

Then I click OK and I am waiting. But doesn't anything.

I dont know problem.

Note: I am sorry my english. :D
muhalif
Baby Hen

Re: Wine problem

Postby xlnagla » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:55

do you have a language of preference? We do have the sheds for different languages. If you run the program from the command line and copy in what is on the command line after it doesn't work we will be able to better assist you. If it just won't work, you can run winecfg from the command line/terminal and then just run "wine program.exe" from the command line to install windows stuff

~xlnagla
xlnagla
Sagely Hen

Postby muhalif » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:30

Code: Select all
$ wine
Usage: wine PROGRAM [ARGUMENTS...]   Run the specified program
       wine --help                   Display this help and exit
       wine --version                Output version information and exit

$ wine --version
wine-0.9.42

$ wine cfg
Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not accessible.
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/home/sabayokan', starting in the Windows directory.
wine: could not load L"c:\\windows\\system32\\cfg.exe": Module not found
muhalif
Baby Hen

Postby xlnagla » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:30

one word
winecfg
not wine cfg

~xlnagla
xlnagla
Sagely Hen

Postby muhalif » Tue Apr 08, 2008 13:05

sorry :)

$ winecfg
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not accessible.
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/home/sabayokan', starting in the Windows directory.
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/', starting in the Windows directory.
err:shell:SHGetFolderPathW Failed to create directory L"c:\\windows\\profiles\\sabayokan\\Desktop".
err:shell:SHGetFolderPathW Failed to create directory L"c:\\windows\\profiles\\sabayokan\\Desktop".
ALSA lib conf.c:3939:(snd_config_expand) Unknown parameters 0
ALSA lib control.c:910:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL default:0
fixme:wave:ALSA_AddCaptureDevice Add support for DSCapture
ALSA lib conf.c:3939:(snd_config_expand) Unknown parameters 0
ALSA lib control.c:910:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL default:0
fixme:wave:ALSA_AddCaptureDevice Add support for DSCapture
err:shell:SHGetFolderPathW Failed to create directory L"c:\\windows\\profiles\\sabayokan\\Belgelerim".
err:shell:SHGetFolderPathW Failed to create directory L"c:\\windows\\profiles\\sabayokan\\Belgelerim\\Resimlerim".
err:shell:SHGetFolderPathW Failed to create directory L"c:\\windows\\profiles\\sabayokan\\Belgelerim\\M\00fczi\011fim".
err:shell:SHGetFolderPathW Failed to create directory L"c:\\windows\\profiles\\sabayokan\\Belgelerim\\Vidyolar\0131m".
fixme:msg:pack_message msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet
err:winecfg:apply_drive_changes   unable to define devicename of 'C:', targetpath of '/'
err:winecfg:apply_drive_changes   unable to define devicename of 'H:', targetpath of '/home/sabayokan'
err:shell:SHGetFolderPathW Failed to create directory L"c:\\windows\\profiles\\sabayokan\\Belgelerim".
err:shell:SHGetFolderPathW Failed to create directory L"c:\\windows\\profiles\\sabayokan\\Belgelerim\\Resimlerim".
err:shell:SHGetFolderPathW Failed to create directory L"c:\\windows\\profiles\\sabayokan\\Belgelerim\\M\00fczi\011fim".
err:shell:SHGetFolderPathW Failed to create directory L"c:\\windows\\profiles\\sabayokan\\Belgelerim\\Vidyolar\0131m".
fixme:msg:pack_message msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet
err:winecfg:apply_drive_changes   unable to define devicename of 'C:', targetpath of '/'
err:winecfg:apply_drive_changes   unable to define devicename of 'H:', targetpath of '/home/sabayokan'

Yes. wine configuration window opened. But then...

What I should do?
muhalif
Baby Hen

Postby xlnagla » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:35

make sure you aren't logged in as root, and that you launched winecfg from your home directory, and if both of these are true, then point your drives and dosdevices to an open folder (a default one should have been created for you.) If ls -R ~/.wine doesn't come up with much, let me know because something went wrong with wine and you'll need a copy of the core windows utilities.

~xlnagla
xlnagla
Sagely Hen

Postby MacQuack » Tue May 13, 2008 18:31

Same thing happens to me, Wine Doors doesn't start, nothing happens or loads after Proceed.

It shows these lines in Terminal:

Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/', starting in the Windows directory.
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".

Does it need more than 512 Mb of Ram to start?
Winecfg doesn't save preferences and doesn't create a C: drive as it says. At next launch it starts from scratch again.

I'll try out some solutions found on the Internet, for example deleting the ".wine" folder.
MacQuack
Baby Hen

Postby xlnagla » Wed May 14, 2008 2:42

one winecfg it's definitely worth checking where it thinks drive C is and making sure that that file actually exists.

~xlnagla
xlnagla
Sagely Hen

Postby MacQuack » Wed May 14, 2008 12:53

Deleted the ".wine" directory and it's working fine now from Terminal.
Wine Doors still doesn't work but doesn't matter. I don't even know what it does.

:)
MacQuack
Baby Hen

Postby xlnagla » Thu May 15, 2008 3:16

theoretically it makes wine command-line free, but considering you need to configure it from the command line it's kinda impotent for you...

~xlnagla
xlnagla
Sagely Hen

Return to Software in General