Was wondering?

A place where Linux Gamers can share their experience and help each other with Linux Games, native or emulated ;)

Moderator: Moderators

Was wondering?

Postby KingPurge » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:44

How well does Sabayon Linux work for gaming. Crysis, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Bioshock, many many other games, many also based off of Steam. I've been really interested and have really wanted to switch to Sabayon Linux for a while now, but i've been hesitating because I don't know the systems compatibility with most games, new and some old. I'm currently using Vista, and I haven't had to many problems with it, but it does get rather frustrating at times. Is it a good idea to switch, or just stay Vista?

Was also wondering.. Do microsoft wireless/wired keyboards/mouses work with this Linux?
KingPurge
Baby Hen

Re: Was wondering?

Postby chickpea » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:55

Sorry, most windows games will not work on linux. some will work through a windows emulator called WINE. All peripherals will work with linux, linux supports WAY more hardware than windows and ESPECIALLY vista. Linux's achilles heel is gaming (most of the games you mentioned are not supported under linux, and wireless cards lack good drivers (the wireless card manufacturers refuse to make good drivers for linux and refuse to give us information on how they work so that we can build our own). Search around for info on WINE, it may be a linux dealbreaker for you.
chickpea
Sagely Hen

Return to The Gamers Shed