FreeOrion

A place where Linux Gamers can share their experience and help each other with Linux Games, native or emulated ;)

Moderator: Moderators

FreeOrion

Postby freereign » Thu Mar 27, 2008 21:27

Hello, this is my first post on these forums. I just downloaded the mini-ed iso and am planning on installing it this weekend. I was curious to know if anyone had managed to compile FreeOrion under Sabayon (or Gentoo) recently. I got it working in Ubuntu Hardy, but it results in segfaults (due to the liblog4cpp library apparently, from what gdb says).

Sabayon looks reeally nice. I am also planning on removing Windowss from my computer this weekend (yeah!) and just having Ubuntu and Sabayon.

So back to the question. Also, does anyone know at what revision shaders were implemented in the SVN code? My card doesn't support shaders and I need to go back before that to get it to run (I am helping with the AI for it so I need to get it compiled and running)
Running Ubuntu Hardy development, Sabayon 3.4f, and (unfortunately) Windows XP
FreeOrion AI Programmer (still working on that one...)
Web Developer
Avid Master of Orion (original) player
freereign
Baby Hen

Re: FreeOrion

Postby xlnagla » Thu Mar 27, 2008 22:48

If you mean orion, it's masked due to problems (and it breaking stuff), and if you really mean something known as freeorion then it's not even in the portage tree.

~xlnagla
xlnagla
Sagely Hen

Postby freereign » Thu Mar 27, 2008 23:42

I know. I help dev the AI and I periodically grab the source from SVN and compile it. I was just wondering if anyone else had any success in this area.
Running Ubuntu Hardy development, Sabayon 3.4f, and (unfortunately) Windows XP
FreeOrion AI Programmer (still working on that one...)
Web Developer
Avid Master of Orion (original) player
freereign
Baby Hen

Postby joost » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:15

http://www.freeorion.org/index.php/Screenshots

nice looking game!
Gonna give it a shot and report back later.

:D
joost
Sagely Hen

Return to The Gamers Shed