Hi guys, thank you for giving us the opportunity to suggest ideas for a better Sabayon:
You could provide 2 kernels:
a) for AMD based architectures with all the required AMD hacks
b) for Intel based Core2 architectures with all the required Intel hacks.
The installer could automatically examine the output of /proc/cpuinfo and decide which kernel to install.
-Os results in much slower code than -O2
one of my codes:
loading : 920 msecs 898 msecs
multiply: 6187 msecs 5124 msecs
so it would make sense to keep 2 types of packages: Those compiled for size and those compiled for performance. It is not that important however. It is up to you. I am satisfied with both. Some users though may want the most out of their system.
3) Remove Fluxbox and use another more eyecandy WM like e17 or enlightenment. Even CTWM is much better than FluxBox and more light.
4) Try to do something that nobody else does: provide isos to be burned to USB-hard disks or USB-flash. Installing from those will be much faster than installing from the DVD. You can have a tutorial on how to burn the image. It will be great if we can boot the Sabayon Live iso from a flash-disk and/or flash hard drive and install it from there. Installation will be amazingly faster.
5) Fix Equo Entropy e.t.c. and make the package manager orders of magnitude faster. I have sent you both (Lxnay and Wolfden) a private email explaining the way how.
6) Include KGmailNotifier
7) Please add Greek in the available languages. You have added Russian and many other is it so hard to add Greek out of the box as well?
Do something about KDE menu. There are so many apps in there than when you go for instance in the internet submenu it covers up KDE menu and then you cannot access KDE menu. A smaller font there could fix the problem.
9) Add KoolDock and Reflective_icons theme as well as the Crystal Icons theme. Why eye-candy Sabayon's (coming from a fashion leading country) KDE should look like every other KDE?
10) PLEASE do something about the bootsplash theme (I mean the grub splash.xpm.gz) because it is awful. Doesn't fit with an eye candy linux Distro
More later ...