frets on fire on sabayon, anyone?

A place where Linux Gamers can share their experience and help each other with Linux Games, native or emulated ;)

Moderator: Moderators

frets on fire on sabayon, anyone?

Postby pedrodh » Tue Feb 19, 2008 21:53

Hi there! I wonder if any of you already put to work the game Frets on Fire on sabayon. It has ( or i can't find ), no installation on portato, but since the source is out there it's only a matter of making the ebuilds ( no ? ). Im a noob on linux soo this is why im asking, :X lool.
pedrodh
Young Hen

Re: frets on fire on sabayon, anyone?

Postby wolfden » Tue Feb 19, 2008 22:57

most people have just downloaded the source and read the readme file in it to install it
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Tue Feb 19, 2008 23:23

There's an ebuild in the Gentoo Bugzilla if you know how to 'roll your own'. (If you don't, read my SL Forum thread on how to build gscan2pdf for an example of using an ebuild from the Gentoo Bugzilla in a local overlay - just use SL Forum search facility with the keyword "gscan2pdf").

EDIT: Tip for the future: google keywords "gentoo bugzilla" and then type in the name of the application/package you are looking for into the Gentoo Bugzilla search box. In this case "frets on fire" will get you http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=143388
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby wolfden » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:00

ahh nice

wonder if this would be worth adding to the SL overlay
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby pedrodh » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:31

Thank you. I'll try that ebuild as soon as i get home, then i will post here if it worked or not.
pedrodh
Young Hen

Return to The Gamers Shed