Urgent, where Kicker saves user settings

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Urgent, where Kicker saves user settings

Postby denijane » Fri Dec 07, 2007 17:21

Hi, today was a great day. I woke up, turned on Sabayon, and all my settings of the task bars were deleted. Very funny and utterly frustrating.
I restored all my functionality of course, but the question is, where can I find the files of Kicker to back up for the future. I googled and searched trough /etc/skel and /home/ but i couldn't find anything that resembled my settings. I found many files with weird and probably default settings but nothing including my beloved shortcuts.
Please if anyone knows, help, because it sucks a lot to discover a brand new desktop when you optimized your own for months until the "perfect" functionality...
And does anyone know on what occasion files can be deleted like that? It happened to me with txt files sometimes to find them empty, but now with the settings it's too much.
denijane
Growing Hen

Re: Urgent, where Kicker saves user settings

Postby gaffu » Fri Dec 07, 2007 17:49

~/.kde/share/config/kickerrc
gaffu
Growing Hen

Postby denijane » Fri Dec 07, 2007 18:10

Erm, yeah, I found that an hour ago, but is it enough? I imagined something more...descriptive. I mean, I can't recognise any of the programs I put on the panels. Is this ok? Meaning, is this all I have to back up to be sure if anything happens, I'll just rename the backup and the world will be safe again...
denijane
Growing Hen

Postby gaffu » Fri Dec 07, 2007 19:43

Actually there are more config files, depending on your setup. Maybe it's easier to backup the entire folder ~/.kde/share/config. It's small anyway...
gaffu
Growing Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers