Urgent:Err KDE? [Solved]

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Urgent:Err KDE? [Solved]

Postby Tiago » Thu Dec 06, 2007 20:58

I just restarted my computer and KDE had a few surprises reserved for me... I had no bottom menu, the keyboard wasnt working and i cant control my windows...

After restarting my computer i got the menu back and changed th keyboard settings so now it works on external apps such as firefox but not on the command line or anything. So i have no way to emerge or check what the hell is wrong.

I also have no way to control my windows... Im not sure how to explain this but i'm missing the whole frame (where the minimize/max & close buttons are) and i can't move them around either.

Before i restarded my computar i had just installed eclipse so i don't know how this might have anything to do with whats going on.

The reason i'm posting this as urgent is that I urgently need to get some work done so any help will be greatly apreciated.
Tiago
Young Hen

Re: URGENT:Err KDE?

Postby chickpea » Thu Dec 06, 2007 21:48

Can you do an ALT F2 (or F1) to drop down into a command line?

In the kdm login screen, can you change the session to a command line session?
chickpea
Sagely Hen

Re: URGENT:Err KDE?

Postby joost » Thu Dec 06, 2007 23:12

From compiz-fusion icon (next to clock, right click) select Kwin as your window decorator.
joost
Sagely Hen

Re: Urgent:Err KDE?

Postby Tiago » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:14

i im writing this from a new installation, i'm sorry but i really couldnt wait so i dont know if using compiz fusion will work... The thing i never used desktop acceleration, emerald or anything like that. I'm not sure if compiz is activated by default but anyway i was thinking about installing suse, but since i like sabayon so much i'll try it again and if it ever happens again i'll post something here.
Tiago
Young Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers