KDE problems? [Solved]

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

KDE problems? [Solved]

Postby g35x » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:46

nvm. reinstalled sabayon and all is good.
Last edited by g35x on Tue Nov 27, 2007 0:23, edited 1 time in total.
g35x
Baby Hen

Re: KDE problems?

Postby momocore » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:30

Sounds like Compiz-Fusion is messed up... Try altering the settings there. I'm wondering if it has to do with transparency.
momocore
Simple Hen

Postby g35x » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:49

yup, that was it, I just exited compiz-fusion and its fine now.

wonder what setting it was....
and how to start compiz back up lol
g35x
Baby Hen

Postby g35x » Mon Nov 26, 2007 20:55

wait, now its still doing it even after I exit compiz fusion.

I'll start konqueror and it won't show up until after I log out when I see it for that split second.
g35x
Baby Hen

Re: KDE problems? [Solved]

Postby WarraWarra » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:47

PS see the how-to fix compiz after install sticky by Wolf as it might help. About to try it myself just now.

Something weard I have seen is after a world update in PE1.1 is that after boot you can end up at text login ?? then I found that pressing alt+f7 gets me to kde login not sure why or how this can happen. I likely messed something up.
lol
WarraWarra
Sagely Hen

Re: KDE problems? [Solved]

Postby wolfden » Thu Nov 29, 2007 13:11

WarraWarra wrote:PS see the how-to fix compiz after install sticky by Wolf as it might help. About to try it myself just now.

Something weard I have seen is after a world update in PE1.1 is that after boot you can end up at text login ?? then I found that pressing alt+f7 gets me to kde login not sure why or how this can happen. I likely messed something up.
lol

WarraWarra, bsdfox in irc has the same problem on 3 of his machines.

After a world update I rebooted since I am rebooting a lot between all the operating systems I have, and I ended up at a prompt for login. I know I didn't over write any important config files so baffled me. I simply logged in as root and issued /etc/init.d/xdm restart and a presto, up came my gdm. I checked to make sure xdm was in rc-update show and it was and it showed it as default. I thought for the heck of it I would change it to boot. So I removed it and readded it as rc-update add xdm boot and I rebooted and it brought my gdm no problems. I ran it like that for a week or so and I had continue doing world updates and I was telling bsdfox about it so he tried it but had no luck. Than he was telling me about this session on F7 so I thought I would try to recreate the problem and changed xdm back to default in rc-update and I rebooted, but it brought up my gdm without problems. I can not recreate it now. I have to say some thing is world update caused the issue and than it corrected it self in another world update. I just can't say what it is, but as far as I know bsdfox is still having the same issue, not sure if he is world updating or not. I have not seen this on my 64 bit or Pro edtion, but I don't update them all at the same time either.
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby wolfden » Thu Nov 29, 2007 13:12

g35x wrote:wait, now its still doing it even after I exit compiz fusion.

I'll start konqueror and it won't show up until after I log out when I see it for that split second.

I know many were plagued with this including myself, usually updating compiz fixed it for people:
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=9882

give it a whirl and see
wolfden
Sharecropper

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers