Problem with connecting to other Workgoup Computers in netwo

Issues Related to Networking (Wired and Wireless)

Moderator: Moderators

Problem with connecting to other Workgoup Computers in netwo

Postby ddd » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:56

Greetings,

I would like to say that this Sabayon Linux is by far the best I have used. But I do have a problem that is common to all the Sabayon installations I have performed. (I have three computers at home and three at work that have Sabayon installed) When I look for other computers in my LAN, I cannot see them in my Samba Shares. I can create a "link to url" on my desktop and connect to any computer in my LAN that way. I also have Windows installed via VirtualBox and it also cannot see other computers in the network unless I "map" them. I need to run windows for Photoshop and a few other "win" only programs. I looked for a firewall but could not find one that was installed by default. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or something that I am missing. Help wolud be most appreciated.

Dave
ddd
Baby Hen

Re: Problem with connecting to other Workgoup Computers in netwo

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:24

How did you configure SL for Samba? What exactly did you do? See my post in the following thread, which may give you some pointers:

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11634

Also, if it's not already installed, you could emerge smb4k as that is a good Samba shares browser.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Return to Networking and Wireless