Help with login

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Help with login

Postby victim » Sat Nov 10, 2007 22:26

Hi

I've installed Sabayon 3.4e from the UK Linux Magazine in a VM on my Mac. Everything appeared to go OK - I let it play by itself for a couple of hours and it seems to have installed OK, well, it said it had.

So, we got to the Login screen and it shows the username - sabayonuser - and I clicked on that and put in the password I entered at the start of the installation but nothing happens, I just get back to the same screen. I tried and tried again but without success. Using the same username and password I seem to have successfully logged in on the localhost but now have no clue what to do. :roll:

I know I'm putting in the right password and I would like to try this out, but have no idea how to make it work. It seems odd that it will accept the login on the command line but not on the graphic interface. Any help would be gratefully received - maybe I can get to the GUI form the command line somehow? I shall suspend the VM and come back in the morning and see if any kind soul can help me out.

Thanks

Vic
victim
Baby Hen

Re: Help with login

Postby victim » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:00

last.karrde wrote:I take it that your username is sabayonuser

That was "allocated" to me during the installation process. I had to enter my real name above it and then the password.

Are you sure that your not entering your root password?

As I'm the only person who's going to use it I used the same password for both but I'm guessing that shouldn't be a problem - it didn't complain at the time :wink:

Vic
victim
Baby Hen

Postby victim » Sun Nov 11, 2007 18:21

OK, gave up on that, deleted the VM and installed a new one. I will start a new thread with my question about that!

Vic
victim
Baby Hen

Postby Warper » Tue Dec 11, 2007 22:11

Hey victim,

It's happening to me now on a fresh installation of 3.4f, just cannot log in from the graphical environment.
In my case it looks like the language of my keyboard somehow screwed itself up, it seems to be writing in arab, bengali, or some form of ideographic language I cannot recognize.
Have you tried to write at the space given for the user name? just to see if your problem is the same.

Greetz,

Warper
Warper
Baby Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers