support buttons stopped me from downloading

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

support buttons stopped me from downloading

Postby nuji99 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:27

hi,
i strongly suggest to put the support buttons on the frontpage to the bottom. i came to the site from distrowatch. onload the first thing that came up was a dollar sign, followed by the euro. that effectivly stopped me from trying this. im a sucker for design, cause all distros can do what i need, im looking for one that pleases me visually (logo, themes etc.). i guess willing supporters will find the support also on the bottom, and i like the free-thing about linux. reminding of money (i know, its just support, but still) is not the best way to go, psychologically.
i guess im being quite anal about this, but just wanted to share my feelings on this.
anyway keep up the good work...

nuji
nuji99
Baby Hen

Re: support buttons stopped me from downloading

Postby wolfden » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:14

Try not being a leach for once, it's not about being free. It's about all the hard work that goes into this distro for every one here. I guess your the type that can't appreciate the hard work and show some gratitude or even understand what all goes on. The world doesn't revolve around you. Support is what helps keep this distro alive. Support is what helps buy new hardware to further improve this distro. Support is very much needed.

I think your post is one of the most pathetic posts I have seen yet on this forum.
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby ajez » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:20

nuji99, support button is to make DONATIONS.. u know what is a donation? u can feel free to help the project to pay bills, if u dont want to do, u are equally free. no one asks u to donate money to download the distro :roll: its a different way to say "thanks" to dev for their FREE work on the distro... :|
--
Core Beta/Site,Blog,Forum Admin
ajez
The Blamed One

Postby Dark_MaGe » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:04

nuji99 wrote:hi,
i strongly suggest to put the support buttons on the frontpage to the bottom. i came to the site from distrowatch. onload the first thing that came up was a dollar sign, followed by the euro. that effectivly stopped me from trying this. im a sucker for design, cause all distros can do what i need, im looking for one that pleases me visually (logo, themes etc.). i guess willing supporters will find the support also on the bottom, and i like the free-thing about linux. reminding of money (i know, its just support, but still) is not the best way to go, psychologically.
i guess im being quite anal about this, but just wanted to share my feelings on this.
anyway keep up the good work...

nuji

....really I have no words..... :shock: :shock: :(
Dark_MaGe
Your Farmer

Postby joost » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:26

I hope it psychologically stopped you from installing, really!
joost
Sagely Hen

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions