Problem with ethernet (on mother board) [Solved]

Issues Related to Networking (Wired and Wireless)

Moderator: Moderators

Problem with ethernet (on mother board) [Solved]

Postby Buckeye Jack » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:30

Well, I am having the same problem as Cleffy. My onboard Realtek G.B. LAN doesn't want to work. I tried the net-setup in root and it sees the card but I have no I.P. addresses . I installed this O.S. last night and ended up putting in an old 10/100 card that was seen and didn't work either. In all the trying, I don't know how but somehow when I ( accidently ) connected the two cards together and did the net-setup it worked after I plugged it in to my router. Well today I got the Sabayon 64 3.04 f and installed that. I can't get either card to work . I am back with the 32 bit now and I got the 10/100 card to work. I really don't know how I got it to work last night, but I had to try the 64 bit as I now have a computer capable of this. This is the only O.S. on my computer and I would like to use the onboard card.
Thanks all, Jack
Last edited by Buckeye Jack on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:21, edited 1 time in total.
Buckeye Jack
Baby Hen

Re: Problem with ethernet (on mother board)

Postby Buckeye Jack » Mon Oct 22, 2007 23:12

Well I found out what is happening, but don't know how to fix. Windows shuts down the onboard lan (realtek gigabyte ) and Sabayon doesn't start it up. To connect in SL I have to start in windows and after it's all loaded, hit the reset on my box. I doubt this is good for it. I've tried running net -setup and it sees the card but doesn't make it turn on. I am getting more comfortable messing around in SL I recently did my first emerge -- sync . Thanks wolf. does anyone know how to fix this? I am still new to SL but i am enjoying the tinkering to make stuff work.This is the only problem I am having and with a hard reset on windows I have a temp fix. I am going to do some searching to see if I can find fix, but if you've had this problem and can help it would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks all, Jack
Buckeye Jack
Baby Hen

Re: Problem with ethernet (on mother board) SOLVED

Postby Buckeye Jack » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:19

:D I looked through a bunch of posts and found what I needed. In windows device manager I set it to wake on LAN. Works fine now!!
Buckeye Jack
Baby Hen

Return to Networking and Wireless