ati opengl apps

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

ati opengl apps

Postby phlo » Mon Sep 17, 2007 23:55

I got everything working with my nvidia card on my workstation with adding the missing flags in the make.conf but it doesn't work with my ati.
I am using on my laptop 3.4f with an X1400. on my Workstation with nvidia and 3.4f 64bit everything is fine

Any tricks to get opengl with ati running?
phlo
Growing Hen

Re: ati opengl apps

Postby Odinoz » Thu Oct 04, 2007 16:10

me too. i have similar problem
on my laptop with x1400 mobility not work effects like flag and cube. too on my desktop with ati card, hate ati vga card. ever and ever NVidia the greats
i hope some one can hel us.
Odinoz
Baby Hen

Postby phlo » Mon Oct 15, 2007 19:06

To bring this up again.

My X700 is still not running ok.
i added opengl to the make.conf and emerged ati-drivers again, but no changes.
Compiz works fine, but no other opengl application (like googleearth) I also emerged googleearth again.
So what up with it?
Are we alone here with this problem? I can't belive it, and I would be happy to stablize 3.4f a lot more, because as it is right now, it is really disapionting and annoying.
I would wait für 3.4++ or 3.5 but how long does it take, is it really working with the new release?
I don't see any fixes her für 3.4f so why should it be different in new releases?
Please guys, help us a liitle bit more out to fix bugs to get SL stable.

thanks a lot

phlo
phlo
Growing Hen

Postby nemesis » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:23

If I'm not mistaken, apps like Googleearth require direct rendering, which XGL doesn't support. So to use them, you'd have to disable XGL. Supposedly the 8.42 ati driver, which is suppose to be out by the end of October, will support AIGLX and will solve all of our problems. They are currently at release 8.41, which was released last month, but I can't find it in portage (maybe it's not stable enough to be included, because it is a complete rewrite of the driver code as opposed to an update of the code...more info on ati drivers can be found at http://www.phoronix.com )
nemesis
Simple Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers