.This download is a beta driver providing LinuxÂ® 64-bit OS support for Creative Sound BlasterÂ® X-Fiâ„¢ series audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.
Take note of the following:
* THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED BETA DRIVER. There is no technical support for this driver.
* We recommend that only experienced users install this driver. Do not install this driver on a system used to perform critical tasks.
* Your feedback is a valuable part of our development process. To submit feedback on this driver, visit the Sound Blaster X-Fi Linux Beta Driver Feedback Program.
This download is intended for the following audio devices only:
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1tyÂ®
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Current release features:
* ALSA PCM Playback
* ALSA MIDI Playback
* ALSA Synth
* ALSA Record
* ALSA Mixer
* This driver source will not compile with GCC version 4 and above.
* S/PDIF passthrough is not supported in this driver release.
* External I/O modules are not supported in this driver release.
* Applications from the original Sound Blaster X-Fi Installation CD will not work with this driver.
* Linux x86_64 OS
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi audio devices listed above.
* To install the driver, do the following:
1. Download the XFiDrv_Linux_US-1.04.tar.gz package onto your local hard disk.
2. Double-click the downloaded package to unpack its contents.
3. Read the README file and follow the instructions.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests