Solved Desktop Acceleration no longer working after upgrad

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Solved Desktop Acceleration no longer working after upgrad

Postby gallienus » Sun Sep 30, 2007 22:35

I just upgraded from version 3.4-64 to 3.4f-64 of sabayon. When I try to run the acceleration manager I get the following error.

Command '/usr/sbin/accel-manager-bin' not found.

I did some searching in the forum and found another post where linxay suggested the following command
layman -s sabayon && euse -E kickoff && emerge kicker desktop-acceleration-helpers

I tried that and still get the same error message.

I'm using an Asus M2n-sli delux motherboard with a Asus 7600GS nividia video card. In 3.4 compiz ran flawlessly. Any suggestions? Should I just go ahead and re-emerge Compiz?

<----------UPDATE----------->

Okay I found /usr/sbin/accel-manager-bin. For what ever reason it isn't working from the menu. However when I issue the command from a command line /usr/sbin/accel-manager-bin if get the following response;

sabayonx86-64 octavian # /usr/sbin/accel-manager-bin
/usr/sbin/accel-manager-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

libGL.so.1 is there I used locate and found it in /usr/lib32/opengl/Xorg-X11/lib.

I just tried to run portato and got this;

sabayonx86-64 octavian # portato
'gtk' should be installed, but cannot be imported. This is definitly a bug. (libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

<--------yet another update------------>

I did some digging and I found this page.

http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=10558&p=61939

The post says to add the use flags opengl qt4 qt3 qt3support gtk sdl png gif to make.conf. Then to run
Code: Select all
layman -s sabayon && euse -E kickoff && emerge kicker desktop-acceleration-helpers

And then to re-emerge your video drivers.

I followed the first post's direction exactly now when I issue this command I get the following;

sabayonx86-64 octavian # eselect opengl show
xorg-x11
Shouldn't the output of this be nvidia, since I'm using the nvidia drivers?

The acceleration manager starts but neither GLX or AIGLX is listed. The only option is to "Continue without acceleration".
Portato now starts from the command line too.

<-------------last and final update-------->

Well I searched and read and finally found the solution to the problem....YAY Me!
gallienus
Growing Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers