fusion-icon kde desktop pager [Solved]

Postby echo6 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:06

Whenever compiz-fusion starts it adds another 4 kde desktop pagers. e.g. 1-16

Any ideas?!
echo6
Growing Hen

Re: fusion-icon kde desktop pager

Postby absolofdoom » Mon Sep 03, 2007 19:08

Right click and choose "configure desktops". Then set the number to 1. Adjust the number of desktops in the compizconfig settings menu instead.
Somebody once said: "If you've got it you've got it, if you don't you don't." That statement was terribly flawed.
absolofdoom
Simple Hen

Re: fusion-icon kde desktop pager

Postby echo6 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 20:15

Excellent thanks, I found the setting within compiz..eventually.
echo6
Growing Hen

Re: fusion-icon kde desktop pager [Solved]

Postby absolofdoom » Sun Sep 09, 2007 20:58

I had the same problem before, glad I could help. :D Sorry I couldn't tell you where in the compizconfig settings menu to change the # of desktops, but I couldn't remember.
Somebody once said: "If you've got it you've got it, if you don't you don't." That statement was terribly flawed.
absolofdoom
Simple Hen

Postby echo6 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 21:54

The only problem I have now is making the change persistent...I keep having to reset it.
echo6
Growing Hen

Postby absolofdoom » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:40

About it resetting... In the backend menu, there's an option for integration with kde or gnome, or a separate flat-file. I noticed that when I used the integration with kde (I have no idea about the gnome one - I don't use gnome), I kept losing my settings. I don't know if that's what your problem is. I'm not sure if you meant that the desktops in kde were being reset, or if it was in compizconfig. Try setting it to a flat-file if it isn't already. That could be the problem.

Hope this helps.

-absolofdoom
absolofdoom
Simple Hen

Postby echo6 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 20:25

I'm not sure I follow when you say flat-file?

I have the followin in my config
Code: Select all
toshiba ~ # cat /etc/compizconfig/config
[kde_session]
backend = kconfig
integration = true
plugin_list_autosort = true

[gnome_session]
backend = gconf
integration = true

[general]
backend = ini
echo6
Growing Hen

Postby absolofdoom » Sun Sep 30, 2007 21:38

I'm actually having a problem with python and compiz-fusion my self, and I can't run compiz-config. http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=10633
So I'm doing this from memory now. I also don't even know where the config file is.

When you open compiz-config, to the bottom-right, there is a thing that says backends & configuration, or something to that effect. When you click on it, it allows you to import and export the config file, and under that, it has a drop-box thing with three options. The first is for gnome, the second is flat-file (I don't know what that means either), and the the third is for kde. If yours is set to kde or gnome, turn it to flat-file and see if that helps. If it doesn't, then I have no idea what the problem is.

hope this helps

-absolofdoom
absolofdoom
Simple Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers