Dell e521 and nvidia 6800 gs problem

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

Dell e521 and nvidia 6800 gs problem

Postby ajd » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:57

I am new to sabayon and am having a problem with the live dvd. I have a dell e521 with a 256mb nvidia 6800 gs. When i boot to the dvd sabayon loads up all the way through up until the passwords/ username info. Then the bottom line stops at root#. I do not know what to do at this point. I guess maybe there is a problem with nvidia card? So, I then booted to my homemade computer. That has an ATI radeon x1300 card in it and it booted all the way through. I enabled 3d desktop and everything worked sweet. Any ideas? also, how can i make a window appear to be on fire when i close or minimize them?
ajd
Baby Hen

Re: Dell e521 and nvidia 6800 gs problem

Postby dunsurfin » Fri Sep 28, 2007 14:03

Sorry I can't help with the first problem (my E521 with a GeForce 7300 LE worked OK when I'd downgraded the nvidia drivers) but for the second you need to open the compiz settings manager, find "effects", "animations" and select "burn" for whatever you want.
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Return to Hardware