kmenuedit - no item hotkey field [Solved]

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

kmenuedit - no item hotkey field [Solved]

Postby Sepulcro » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:16

Hey. I've recently installed Sabayon on my laptop after a hard drive crash, just to have quick & easy setup of a Gentoo box. :) I'm used to my previous setup, but unfortunately I can't create the same on Sabayon, mostly because it seems that the hotkey field in kmenuedit is missing. I'm not sure why, because I have Gentoo with the same version of KDE installed on my desktop and the hotkey field is visible. Recently my friend installed Gentoo + KDE as well and he has it, so I don't think it's version related. Can anyone please tell me how to restore the hotkey field in kmenuedit?

Now, I know there is a special tab for creating hotkeys for applications in kmenu in kcontrol->accessibility->keyboard shortcuts, but it crashes every time I click OK/Apply. :(

Just to give you a visual feedback, I've uploaded two screenshots as well. One is from Gentoo, the second one is from Sabayon. It's in Polish language, so "Skrot klawiszowy" means "keyboard shortcut" and "Brak" means "none".

Thanks for any help :)
Last edited by Sepulcro on Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:53, edited 1 time in total.
Sepulcro
Baby Hen

Re: kmenuedit - no item hotkey field.

Postby koch » Thu Sep 27, 2007 20:39

yeah, i miss this too :cry:
WINDOWS: Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, melt - upgrade it, charge it, pawn it, zoom it, press it, snap it, write it, get it, paste it, save it, load it, check it, plug it, play it, burn it, rip it, drag and drop it - stop. format it.
koch
Growing Hen

Re: kmenuedit - no item hotkey field.

Postby Sepulcro » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:52

Problem solved by itself... it appears that all I needed to do is to reemere some part of kde... i don't remember which part exactly but i removed the sabayon overlays from portage and I did --update --deep world: the hotkey field is back on the track. ;) Hint: Itried to reemerge kmenuedit alone and it didn't help, so there's another package related to this probem.
Sepulcro
Baby Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers