Are these games free?

A place where Linux Gamers can share their experience and help each other with Linux Games, native or emulated ;)

Moderator: Moderators

Are these games free?

Postby xt600 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 18:16

I was looking through the repository with Kuroo and noticed such games as Doom 3, RTCW, Quake 3, Darwinia, etc. Have the companies released these to the public? Are they Linuxized versions? :?
xt600
Simple Hen

Re: Are these games free?

Postby Eden » Sat Sep 22, 2007 18:38

None of those games (not sure about RTCW) are free, thought eh demos are available. Quake 4 as an example(because i have it) you basically pop in the disk and emerge quake4-data it pulls the lated GNU/Linux files for the game and pulls the data from the CD, you still need a cd key to play it obviously.

There are a lot of free game sin portage though, enemy-territory is one example.
Eden
Growing Hen

Re: Are these games free?

Postby xt600 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 20:26

Eden wrote:None of those games (not sure about RTCW) are free, thought eh demos are available. Quake 4 as an example(because i have it) you basically pop in the disk and emerge quake4-data it pulls the lated GNU/Linux files for the game and pulls the data from the CD, you still need a cd key to play it obviously.

There are a lot of free game sin portage though, enemy-territory is one example.

Great. I just downloaded Quake4 and put the files from my DVD and it is works great!
xt600
Simple Hen

Return to The Gamers Shed