Help, Sabayon 3.3 & TrendNet TEW-424UB chip RTL 8187b

Issues Related to Networking (Wired and Wireless)

Moderator: Moderators

Help, Sabayon 3.3 & TrendNet TEW-424UB chip RTL 8187b

Postby richard_errol » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:48

Hi, I'm fairly new on Linux, and there are many things I do not know, but at this time I have a problem on sabayon v.3.3, I can't get it to work with my Trendnet TEW-424UB usb wireless adapter that has a Realtek 8187b chip, it simply doesn't recognize it and I can't connect, I have been doing some research about those kinds of problems, and have read that people normally compile some packages with some drivers into the kernel to make it work, some other people use Ndiswrapper, but i do not understand how to do it since I'm not very familiar with the console and commands. I do not want to screw everything up, can anyone please help & tell me how to do that step by step :?: :?: ????. Sabayon really rocks, and I dont want to forget about it.

I'm really looking forward to hear from u guys, and will appreciate all your help.
richard_errol
Baby Hen

Re: Help, Sabayon 3.3 & TrendNet TEW-424UB chip RTL 8187b

Postby WarraWarra » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:39

Hi there and welcome here.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=8933
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1730

This should get you started with some confusing terms etc .

Will see what I can find about this card and how to get it working.
Also read thru some of the other wifi cards post as some of them might ahve some usefull info that you can use to get your working. Most of the stuff has similar ways of doing it with only a few small modifications to complete it.

3.3 has a few ??? just like a woman but ends up working very nicely once past this.
WarraWarra
Sagely Hen

Return to Networking and Wireless