No luck with 3D games!

A place where Linux Gamers can share their experience and help each other with Linux Games, native or emulated ;)

Moderator: Moderators

Re: No luck with 3D games!

Postby CCR » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:26

Well you could try right clicking your desktop and choose run command or what it is called in english.. may be run or command or something too.
Then on the line you write: kdesu kwrite
Then after giving your root password kwrite starts and you choose open... and find the make.conf file
Then just copy the words missing from here and paste them after the word USE=
Then save and you should be go for next step which is re-emerging nvidia drivers as explained earlier :)

Good Luck
/CCR
CCR
Simple Hen

Postby SLiguykyle » Thu Sep 20, 2007 0:52

well, that was one weird config edit session i just did thanks to this thread, and well, i'm gonna have to say, thank you for the help (i know it wasn't me asking... but it helped me alot!!!) thank you
a sight to see, an event to be.
SLiguykyle
Young Hen

Postby Dingo » Fri Sep 21, 2007 0:33

Sorry about the late reply. Spend last night re installing manually. I used automatic first time round and ended up with Ext4 and problems dual booting with Ubuntu.
CCR and Flick: Thanks heaps!! Everything worked out perfect. The games are working now. :D Great experience working with command line too.
What is the best way to start learning about this stuff for a Noobie?
Dingo
Young Hen

Postby CCR » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:08

No problems :)
Well i'm quite new to the linux world also..started messing around with it this spring.
What has really helped me is reading and reading and reading :scratch:
Start with the Gentoo wiki and the Sabayon wiki, and all the howto's.. and all the forum topics you can muster.
Then you should be a good part on the way...or at least have some headache :lol: :lol:

Greets
/CCR

PS. Perhaps there should be a howto in the wiki about fixing the missing use flags. DS
CCR
Simple Hen

Previous

Return to The Gamers Shed