Issues with DWL-G510 setup

Issues Related to Networking (Wired and Wireless)

Moderator: Moderators

Issues with DWL-G510 setup

Postby Aakhunaten » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:36

I have been trying to setup this card with Sabayon 3.4e. I have been using this card with openSuse 10.2 with the drivers from both ralink and But when I use the default driver that comes with Sabayon, the link strength is always 0 and when I use NetworkManager, it is always stuck at 28%. When I use the drivers from those 2 sites, i get a inccorect module -1 or something like that.

Also, I see that the card is being recognized as RT2561/RT61 rev B, when my card is a rev C.

Can someone help me set this up with Sabayon? The only reason I will have to switch to another flavor of Linux would be the inability to connect to the internet wirelessly (which is the only option I have.

Baby Hen

Re: Issues with DWL-G510 setup

Postby WarraWarra » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:38

Only thing I can think of is to try the windows driver + ndiswrapper for the time being or if you can get a cable from the modem / router to the pc for internet then possibly update the driver this way.
Someone else here had something similar with a usb belkin fd50??? using the same driver or ndiswrapper.

That post might have some answers for you. Also check out the wiki top right of this page or forums / wiki as likely someone there has gotten it to work as Sabayon is gentoo based the same instructions will work here as well.

Hope this help.
Sagely Hen

Return to Networking and Wireless