Sound card suggestions?

Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators

Sound card suggestions?

Postby Cohan » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:48

I'm looking for a sound card with 5,25" bay module (e.g. Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS). However, the SB X-Fi series are totally unsupported on Linux so do anyone here have a suggestion on a sound card? I believe the Creative Audigy 2 ZS is supported on Linux. Anyone who has any experiences with that card?
Cohan
Baby Hen

Re: Sound card suggestions?

Postby Zard » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:04

Hello Cohan. A Creative Audigy 2 Z PRO with the External Box on a P4 works great as does Digital Out
connection for DD 5.1, so the internal Bay version should be a go here. :)
Zard
Young Hen

Postby Eden » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:22

What do you want to use it for? There are some excellent cards out there but it depends on what you need it for and how much you want to spend.
Eden
Growing Hen

Postby Cohan » Tue Sep 18, 2007 15:47

I was planning on spending about €125 maximum. (Although I could change on that point if I find something really interesting).
For output I need it for games and music. I only have 2.1-speakers and will not go beyond that due to (lack of) space. Sometimes I work with music on a hobby basis so I also want good recording performance and preferably good MIDI-sounds.
Cohan
Baby Hen

Return to Hardware