8800 low fps in Wow

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

8800 low fps in Wow

Postby Ashtefere » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:14

Hey guys, been asking on and off in the chat and know one seems to know much about this.
Been trying to get wow running in cedega/wine/whatever for the last few days in a high spec machine. (my friend's)
The card is an 8800gts, cpu 6400 o/c and 2 gig ram with a raid array for the game.
No matter what config we do in registry, kernel options, etc we cannot get the fps to go above 20 fps on the lowest settings, opnegl OR directx.
Cedega seems faster, but its still 20 fps.
The os was running on AIGLX or whatever its called with compiz on or off, it didnt matter.
Have tried the refresh rate thing for compiz general settings, all vblanking is off everywhere, deleted and redid the config.wtf file countless times, disabled all shaders.
The best we have gotten it to run was cedega with wow profile, but still, as i said it was 20fps.
Direct Rendering was ON and reported working, GLXGears reported 8000fps
After 3 days of frustration he has sadly reformatted back to windows xp, but he would love to use sabayon.
My question is:
Is there an issue with sabayon and 8800 graphics cards? is it an opengl issue? is it a wine/cedega issue? I have a feeling it has something to do with acceleration or whatever.
Has anyone come across this before?
Please reply asap, or the lives of the local townsfolk in his town will be on your hands... he is quite frustrated!
Baby Hen

Re: 8800 low fps in Wow

Postby WarraWarra » Tue Sep 18, 2007 22:30

Hi there and welcome here.

Check this out:

Hope it helps.
If topic is succesfull completed edit orriginal message and add [solved] to it.

Thanks. Shout if you need more help. Check out the wiki top right of this page for more goodies / trick.
Sagely Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers