Kicker-3.5.7-r13 error on libkonq.so [Solved]

Anything that pertains to Portage

Moderator: Moderators

Kicker-3.5.7-r13 error on libkonq.so [Solved]

Postby neofax » Fri Sep 14, 2007 0:24

Here is the error when I try to emerge -un --world:

/usr/kde/3.5/lib/libkonq.so: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to QPopupMenu::menuStateChanged()'
/usr/kde/3.5/lib/libkonq.so: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to QPopupMenu::menuInsPopup(QPopupMenu*)'
/usr/kde/3.5/lib/libkonq.so: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to QPopupMenu::activateItemAt(int)'
/usr/kde/3.5/lib/libkonq.so: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to QPopupMenu::menuDelPopup(QPopupMenu*)'
/usr/kde/3.5/lib/libkonq.so: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to QPopupMenu::menuContentsChanged()'
/usr/kde/3.5/lib/libkonq.so: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to QPopupMenu::updateItem(int)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [kicker] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kicker-3.5.7-r13/work/kicker-3.5.7/kicker/kicker'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kicker-3.5.7-r13/work/kicker-3.5.7/kicker/kicker'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

So, I thought it may need konqueror built before kicker would build. However, I receive the same problem emerging konqueror as well. Has anyone ran into this problem? Thanks for any help!

[SOLVED]
Just needed to emerge libkonq before kicker.

[Question]
Why doesn't emerge -un --world ensure the depends are compiled first before the other files?
neofax
Young Hen

Return to Portage|Emerge Package Managers