Ndiswrapper at Startup

Issues Related to Networking (Wired and Wireless)

Moderator: Moderators

Ndiswrapper at Startup

Postby Celarnor » Fri Sep 07, 2007 20:19

Alright, so at the moment, I'm one step away from usability on my dv9248 laptop. It boots properly (fixed via booting with "nokvm noapic noirqpoll noirqdebug") and the wireless works (fixed via blacklisting bcm43xx-mac80211, mac80211, and loading ndiswrapper). The only problem I'm having is that I have to sudo modprobe ndiswrapper every time I boot, which is starting to get really annoying. I've read a number of how-to documents on loading ndiswrapper on startup, but none of them do anything (ndiswrapper -m, ndiswrapper -ma, echo "ndiswrapper" >> /etc/modules).

I thought of putting a symlink to it in $HOME/.kde3.5/Autostart/, but I don't know how to get that to run as root without bothering me about it everytime I turn on the computer.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Celarnor
Baby Hen

Re: Ndiswrapper at Startup

Postby WarraWarra » Fri Sep 07, 2007 20:35

Yup it should be in the link below or /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 is the file you want to add the word " ndiswrapper " to and then it starts at boot. Also do the rc-update part for both wlan0 and ndiswraaper if I remeber correctly. All the correct info is in the link and or linked pages in post below / link.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=8933
WarraWarra
Sagely Hen

Return to Networking and Wireless