GUI Package Manager ~Portato~ Old Support Thread

Anything that pertains to Portage

Moderator: Moderators

Re: GUI Package Manager ~Portato~

Postby Red Knuckles » Wed Aug 29, 2007 22:28

I have a fresh install of 3.4e AMD64 which comes with portato. I've completed 'emerge -e system' and am currently running 'emerge -e world'. I can't get portato to open. If I click on the icon nothing happens. ie. no bouncing logo as it is opening box for pw. Just nothing. From cli:

~ # /usr/bin/portato
'gtk' should be installed, but cannot be imported. This is definitly a bug. (No module named lxml)

~ $ /usr/bin/portato
'gtk' should be installed, but cannot be imported. This is definitly a bug. (No module named lxml)

How to fix? I have:

[I] x11-libs/wxGTK
Available versions:
(2.6) 2.6.3.3
(2.8) (~)2.8.4.0[1]
{X debug doc gif gnome joystick odbc opengl sdl stl unicode}

[U] x11-libs/gtk+
Available versions:
(1) 1.2.10-r12
(2) 2.6.10-r1 2.8.19 (~)2.8.20-r1 2.10.11 2.10.13 2.10.14

if those are in fact the needed gtk packages?
SL 3.4a AMD64, Gentoo2007.0 AMD64 - ASUS M2NPV-VM - AMD64 X2 4800+ 2.5 Ghz - 4X1GB DDR2 800 - GeForce 6150 256MB - 2X320GB
Red Knuckles
Growing Hen
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:16
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: GUI Package Manager ~Portato~

Postby Necoro » Wed Aug 29, 2007 22:38

This is a known issue. The portato distributed with the Sabayon-Core-Install misses some dependencies. Please do a "emerge -av portato" to get all dependencies (the issue here is that lxml is not installed (sorry for the quite misleading error message))

/edit: Neither wxGTK nor gtk+ directly are used by portato. Pygtk is the thing ;) - but as written above this is not the problem here :)
User avatar
Necoro
Advanced Hen
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 22:47
Location: Munich (Germany)

Re: GUI Package Manager ~Portato~

Postby Red Knuckles » Wed Aug 29, 2007 23:27

Necoro wrote:This is a known issue. The portato distributed with the Sabayon-Core-Install misses some dependencies. Please do a "emerge -av portato" to get all dependencies (the issue here is that lxml is not installed (sorry for the quite misleading error message))

/edit: Neither wxGTK nor gtk+ directly are used by portato. Pygtk is the thing ;) - but as written above this is not the problem here :)


I did but am getting same results... Could this have anything to do with gcc-4.2.0. SL 3.4e comes with gcc-4.1.2 but 'emerge -e system' upgrades it to 4.2.0 which unfortunately borks some thing [kdelibs for one] until you do 'emerge -e world'.
SL 3.4a AMD64, Gentoo2007.0 AMD64 - ASUS M2NPV-VM - AMD64 X2 4800+ 2.5 Ghz - 4X1GB DDR2 800 - GeForce 6150 256MB - 2X320GB
Red Knuckles
Growing Hen
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:16
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: GUI Package Manager ~Portato~

Postby Necoro » Wed Aug 29, 2007 23:37

Red Knuckles wrote:
Necoro wrote:This is a known issue. The portato distributed with the Sabayon-Core-Install misses some dependencies. Please do a "emerge -av portato" to get all dependencies (the issue here is that lxml is not installed (sorry for the quite misleading error message))

/edit: Neither wxGTK nor gtk+ directly are used by portato. Pygtk is the thing ;) - but as written above this is not the problem here :)


I did but am getting same results...

Shouldn't be the case ... but nevertheless: "emerge -1av lxml" will install lxml... Pay attention if the same error message seems to occur: The real error is written in the parenthesis at the end :)
User avatar
Necoro
Advanced Hen
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 22:47
Location: Munich (Germany)

Re: GUI Package Manager ~Portato~

Postby Red Knuckles » Thu Aug 30, 2007 0:04

Necoro wrote:Shouldn't be the case ... but nevertheless: "emerge -1av lxml" will install lxml... Pay attention if the same error message seems to occur: The real error is written in the parenthesis at the end :)


For FWIW I did "emerge -1av lxml" and it then complained of no 'vte module' so I emerge vte and now I get:

~ # /usr/bin/portato
Segmentation fault
SL 3.4a AMD64, Gentoo2007.0 AMD64 - ASUS M2NPV-VM - AMD64 X2 4800+ 2.5 Ghz - 4X1GB DDR2 800 - GeForce 6150 256MB - 2X320GB
Red Knuckles
Growing Hen
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:16
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: GUI Package Manager ~Portato~

Postby Necoro » Thu Aug 30, 2007 0:17

Hmm... has your emerge -e world finished? - If yes: run python-updater and revdep-rebuild -X. There are definitly some python things broken ...
User avatar
Necoro
Advanced Hen
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 22:47
Location: Munich (Germany)

Re: GUI Package Manager ~Portato~

Postby Red Knuckles » Thu Aug 30, 2007 0:41

Necoro wrote:Hmm... has your emerge -e world finished? - If yes: run python-updater and revdep-rebuild -X. There are definitly some python things broken ...


Uh, no emerge -e world is still cooking only 1504 packages to go. Maybe in 2 or 3 days... I did make a note to add 'python-updater' to list of things to do after it's done though. thanks for your help. And yes I wish there were a faster way.
SL 3.4a AMD64, Gentoo2007.0 AMD64 - ASUS M2NPV-VM - AMD64 X2 4800+ 2.5 Ghz - 4X1GB DDR2 800 - GeForce 6150 256MB - 2X320GB
Red Knuckles
Growing Hen
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:16
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: GUI Package Manager ~Portato~

Postby darkscot » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:49

Necoro wrote:Even if you start it at normal user from the console (it should ask you for password too)?

No it doesn't. You can open Portato from the console as a normal user, you just can't do anything with it.
Desktop1: Sabayon 3.4e, WinXP | Desktop2: Sabayon 3.4e, WinME |
darkscot
Advanced Hen
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:41
Location: Yorkshire, UK

Re: GUI Package Manager ~Portato~

Postby Necoro » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:47

darkscot wrote:
Necoro wrote:Even if you start it at normal user from the console (it should ask you for password too)?

No it doesn't. You can open Portato from the console as a normal user, you just can't do anything with it.

Then you did not install 0.8.5 - or you set the "userpriv" useflag ... as I asked above: please give the content of the desktop file
User avatar
Necoro
Advanced Hen
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 22:47
Location: Munich (Germany)

Re: GUI Package Manager ~Portato~

Postby darkscot » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:30

Necoro wrote:Then you did not install 0.8.5

I did, that is when the problems started.
- or you set the "userpriv" useflag ...

If I did, then i must have done it accidentaly!
as I asked above: please give the content of the desktop file

I have since upgraded to 3.4e and that seems to be OK. But i can post the file anyway if you still want it?
Desktop1: Sabayon 3.4e, WinXP | Desktop2: Sabayon 3.4e, WinME |
darkscot
Advanced Hen
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:41
Location: Yorkshire, UK

PreviousNext

Return to Portage|Emerge Package Managers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron