Weird problem with mouse wheel clicking

Compiz, KDE, Gnome, Fluxbox, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Weird problem with mouse wheel clicking

Postby Neil » Wed Aug 15, 2007 0:39

Hello ^_^ Well, back with another problem, but this one is my own fault, I was messing around with Compiz options (mainly trying to get the cube cap to a picture) and when i saved i was no longer able to use the mouse wheel clicking to bring the cube back so i can spin it, and also, the minimize, close, and maximize buttons at the top of all of my programs has dissapeared completely. I'm sure one wrong setting messed up both of these, but i cant seem to get them back no matter what i try. Also trying to scroll desktops with the middle mouse wheel button doesn't work.

Thank you in advance for any help!
Neil
Baby Hen

Postby Neil » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:20

:( guess i should just reinstall lol...
Neil
Baby Hen

Postby dave_p_b » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:42

Hi

Message moved to the 3D Desktops and Window Managers forum. You stand a better chance of getting a reply.

All the best

Dave

p.s. you might want to try here also http://forum.compiz-fusion.org/
dave_p_b
Old Dear Hen

Postby Mellowdrone » Thu Aug 16, 2007 18:24

Ironically, I, too, had a very similar issue regarding the cube cap (the minimize, maximize, close buttons are a completely different story and sound like an error with Emerald). I attempted changing the cube cap or the cube background to find that all the settings regarding the cube had somehow reverted to a time in which they were never set. Basically, everything regarding the cube reset and defaulted -- everything.

I never did find out the key combination to pull this back to complete order. Within the hotkeys area of the setup (where you're able to set the key combinations for certain actions) regarding the Desktop Cube or Rotate Cube, attempt to set the hotkey for rotating the desktop as being some random set of keys on your keyboard and it'll work accurately when pressing those keys upon saving. Sadly, I was forced to reinstall as I had no clue what went on and no clue how to set those settings to how they were manually. The new key combination I had personally set wasn't satisfactory for me.

I hope this helps, somewhat.
Mellowdrone
Young Hen

Re: Weird problem with mouse wheel clicking

Postby Mellowdrone » Tue Sep 18, 2007 23:56

Once again, in Sabayon Linux 3.4a, this has became a problem on a newer install than the previous post. Upon changing a setting or two within the Compiz Fusion configuration manager (I believe I was changing the window fading options when this happened), the settings for said configuration manager completely defaulted. I've changed most everything back to the way it was before said defaulting, but again I find myself curious regarding where to change the setting to allow the desktop cube to be rotated upon turning the middle (circular/rotational) mouse button upwards or downwards.

For reference purposes, where exactly do you change this? Furthermore, what do you change the particular setting to, exactly?

I expect to update to 3.4F or the updated mini-Sabayon soon, FYI.
Mellowdrone
Young Hen

Return to 3D Desktops and Window Managers